Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Martin

So you may be asking who is Tony Martin?
    link 1
    Link 2

Tony Martin woke one night to find two burglars ransacking his home, In an attempt to protect himself and his property he picked up a shotgun and fired two shots, he killed one burglar and wounded the other.
    Martin is now in prison serving time for manslaughter.

Brendon Fearon (the burglar that he wounded) is also serving time and has over 30 convictions for burglary.

so what eh?

Well Brendon Fearon is now suing Tony Martin for damages and claims to have suffered post-traumatic stress, whats more he has been granted Legal Aid to do this.

In comparsion, about six months ago the old woman who lives across the road from us was burgled, not only was she cleaned out but the bastards also ransacked the house, she was'nt insured as she could'nt afford to pay for it and was left with nothing, before this happened I'd often see her pottering around, now shes scared to leave the house and sits in front of the window watching an old black n white TV which was donated to her by a neighbour. and the only support she was offered from the police was a routine house call and a leaflet pushed through the door about Victim Support.

WTF? IMO Tony Martin should never have been sent to prison in the first place, and the fact that Fearon has been granted legal Aid to sue is a joke and an insult to all the people that have been a victim of crime and never received a penny in compensation.

The UK is f@#ked up

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Yes I agree. The British justice system is up shit creek in my opinion. The criminals get treated better than the victims these days.

See what we pay our taxes for??

3. Lounge   -   #3
    In my opinion Tony Martin should have made a better job of it. If two Pikey fuckers broke into my house I'd make sure they'd never got two feet out of the door . Especially if I had a 12 Bore nearby. Boom!!! Boom!!! Two less criminals, Two less people being a burden on the Taxpayer all their lives. My old man kept a shooter under the bed for just such an incident - unfortunately we never got burgled!!

Still, he really shouldn't have shot that young lad in the back and missed the other one. Poor shooting!!
    Signature removed

4. Lounge   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    The tide of public opinion associated with this incident has swollen to manic heights simply because there was a gun involved. British people, never having had the familiarity and so desensitivity to firearms are, understandably, afraid of them.
    There have been may similar incidents where burglars have been killed but they generally involve blunt instruments and so give off more of an impression of fight of flight.
    It is not, I would think, a natural impulse when threatened, to reach for a gun.
    I can't help thinking there was some premeditation in this killing.
    I can't envisgae a scenario where the person shooting someone in the back is a victim.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    No matter what way you look at it, its not OK to shoot people.

What he did was ludicrous.
    I have as much anger as anyone else at burglars (our house was EMPTIED - and i mean emptied of anything of worth - i hate the pricks as much as anyone else).

But he shouldnt have shot that kid, and he obviousley isnt a sane person.

Anyone who shoots someone else in the back with a shotgun is not normal.

And the UK justice system is a farce.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    But Tony Martin was repeatedly burgled and vandalised. He involved politicians and yet nothing was done. He couldn't go on hoilday, couldn't sleep at night & hardly ever went out for fear of what he might find when he came back.

Theres only so far one person can be pushed.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:53

Does that make it OK for him to produce a shotgun from his cupboard (or wherever it was), load it, aim it, and shoot someone in the back?

I think not.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    i'm sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

was that bollocks or is it true?
    anyone know for sure?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+19 June 2003 - 09:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 19 June 2003 - 09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:53

Does that make it OK for him to produce a shotgun from his cupboard (or wherever it was), load it, aim it, and shoot someone in the back?

I think not. [/b][/quote]
    No, I agree. But what else was being done? Nothing.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:58

No, I agree. But what else was being done? Nothing.
    Yeah, true...

I suppose with his house in the country it was more prone to it...

He could have installed burglar alarm systems, for example, linked to police HQ&#39;s like many alarm systems are.

This, to me, is a viable alternative to shooting people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast