Thread: Grabit Download Problem

LOJARU
    Hi, I am using Grabit to download from newsgroups but am having a problem with the downloaded files. They are missing.

Grabit downloads all the files I have requested and creates new folders for the information to be stored in but the folders are empty and the files are not there.

I have never had this problem with grabit before but have recently changed PC's so maybe some of my new grabit settings are off.

Any advise would be great. Thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i had this problem when i installed vista on my pc! make sure that you have not changed the save folder! i m not realy sure what i did to fix this problem! search this forum as far as i remember someone helped me out

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    this seems to be a common complaint with vista, although i myself never experienced it. the best thing to do would be to make sure the permissions allow grabit to have full access to the file in which you're trying to save your downloads. vista seems to be really selfish when it comes to file permissions.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    I gave up on grabit and started using- alt.binz its free and 10x better
    it has all the same features as grabit and more!
    i like its newsgroup search feature its free and unlimited unlike grabit it uses newzleech, binsearch, beta binaries nl, NZBIndex,Yabse & aEton.each search has its own search results tab that lets you set your preferences.
    give it a spin you wont be disapointed.

http://www.altbinz.com/