View Poll Results: How many times were you banned from oink?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll

173 64.79%

46 17.23%

13 4.87%

11 4.12%
  • more than 3

24 8.99%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: How many times you were banned from oink?

sheriflove's Avatar Gods Of Hate BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    once today i read the rules and i ask some one there
    if i can download and upload from two location and he said it's ok
    and send to me this

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)

Yes, the tracker is always capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with a passkey (which is included inside the .torrent file). We always know who you are and your stats will not be mixed up with anyone else with a similar IP address

but now i banned

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by kapowcowpwned View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    It's understood that the leechers with low ratios should be banned, but honestly do you believe that almost 40% of people voted in this poll are leechers or cheaters or other way bad users? If site ban about 40% something is definitely wrong over there..
    Ya, I believe that 40% of the people who voted in this poll are leechers, cheaters, and traders. You get banned for trading accounts too you know.
    True, and the others were banned by mistake, screwed script, stupidity of pig's mods or no reason. It's neverending argument, I quit, let's numbers say it all. 38 % of wrong people = way too much.
    TCS Byatch in training

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    True, and the others were banned by mistake, screwed script, stupidity of pig's mods or no reason. It's neverending argument, I quit, let's numbers say it all. 38 % of wrong people = way too much.
    Well for a site that has grown into a mostly trading site, 38% isn't that much...like mods have said that they ban 25 people for just cheating on a slow day. I wouldn't be surprised if people here take fun in trying to beat the system at cheating and end up getting banned. Frankly there is sometimes a wrongful ban, but next time that happens the person should think about speaking nicely when they know they didn't do anything wrong and not throw a tantrum to get their account back. A little consideration for the person you're asking to reenable you account could go a long way if you didn't do anything wrong. If that doesn't work well, shit happens...And at the end of the day what did you lose? Everything you got was free so it didn't cost you anything except maybe a tiny bit of bandwidth but thats different.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    BANNED
    BitMe.ORG :
    Registered Users 18,209
    Disabled Users 54,065

btw, ceasar, recently you were banned on several trackers . were that screwed script, stupidity of mods or no reason ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    I've never been banned and neither has my inviter nor anybody I know.

As long as you don't hit and run, keep a good ratio, treat the staff with respect and keep away from giving out invites to the wrong people, you'll be fine. And if you use a decent client then you shouldn't have problems with the script either. In other words, just behave. Works for me and thousands of others.

And even if you got banned for no reason I am positive you could get you account back from the staff if you ask them the right way. Think about it, there's probably a shitload of people who get banned for breaking the rules, then get all upset and contacts the mods with things like "wtf, why did my account get bannned!!!11!!". So if you confront them in that manner then they will probably label you as an idiot.

A lot of people who responded that they've been banned obviously did something wrong, ie sharing accounts or trading or whatever. Also, keep in mind that most of the people who voted in the poll are here on FST to trade invites which is something you get banned for at oink, thus the results are not surprising at all imo.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    BitMe.ORG :
    Registered Users 18,209
    Disabled Users 54,065

Wow. Now, that's crazy. No wonder they give very few invites there. Most people that join there are idiots. I gave my last invite today. I had only got 2 in 12 weeks.

And QuickJelly I totally agree with you.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by fatma View Post
    BitMe.ORG :
    Registered Users 18,209
    Disabled Users 54,065

btw, ceasar, recently you were banned on several trackers . were that screwed script, stupidity of mods or no reason ?
    First one It happened in one day and I had no power to change it after the stats updated, though I talked on IRC with almost every stuff and now have an interesting picture on they attitude: who is fair, who is strict and who is complete jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by kapowcowpwned View Post
    the person should think about speaking nicely when they know they didn't do anything wrong and not throw a tantrum to get their account back. A little consideration for the person you're asking to reenable you account could go a long way if you didn't do anything wrong.
    Won't help - check the post from oink stuff in other thread TooMuchTime or what his name - the guy confesses, that on IRC they don't give a puck about who you are and won't even check account stats. They see not to help people there but to make sick jokes and thats sad
    Last edited by ceasar; 07-13-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TCS Byatch in training

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    oink is a good site but very strict.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    I've never been banned from Oink. Be sad if I was...I love that site.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    itay1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    never had an account there.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast