Thread: Maya 5

Howdy

Just wondering if any one has seen Maya 5 in the journeys of the internet??

Any help would be great.
    Thanks in advance guys and Gals

Stormy

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    There's a copy on edonkey 600.54 MB's. SN included (rumour has it) . Can't say if it works as the download is still in progress - and it's taking forever . It's the only place I've seen it thus far.

Gadfly

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yep - It's available on FastTrack, but the problem with it is that there's isn't many copies of it on the network (The dominating version of Maya for FastTrack is still 4.5)

Have a look on the Sharedonkey network - Use eMule for that (check in Filesharing for details of how); it's literally splattered all over the place there.

But still, I'd prefer 3DS Max 5.1 over Maya 5 (both are resource hogs on my PC, but 3DS is the lesser of two evils )

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ya, right now I have Maya 5 Unlimited installed and 3ds Max 5.1 installed. I tend to prefer using 3ds Max because the ui and workflow just seem right. Maya might have more built in features like easy fluids, hair, prebuilt shaders, etc. but I can't seem to adjust to Maya's workflow. To me, 3ds Max is just a whole lot easier to use and with the right plugins, it can be just as good as Maya. I've also tried Lightwave 7.0 at school and god that was crap, couldnt even figure out how to make a damn box . Oh and btw, you can't just use a serial number for Maya. You need a license generator because it uses a serial that is created from your hardware on your computer so it's impossible to just include a generic serial number.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks for the heads up boys.
    I'll be looking into edonky right away.

I've been a Max user since 3 came out but i need Maya to create some stuff that Max 5.1 can't. Mostly fur effects and stuff.
    Shag fur is good but i'd like to try the fur tool in Maya.

Plus i want to test out Renderman 4.5

Cheers again guys

Stormy