Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Me new hair

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    taking possible saggage/bloatage into consideration here.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #112
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Meh, I only had my back done so I can be a walking colouring book for minez grandchildren.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #113
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    you should get wally hidden in it somewhere, so i've got something to do

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #114
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    :no comment:
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Lounge   -   #115
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I reckon something everyone who gets a tat or a piercing should do, is to try and imagine themselves twenty or thirty years from now, and how it's going to fit them then.

Having worked at a hospital and stuff, I know exactly how silly what must have been a really cool tat once upon a time might look on an old lady, or bloke.
    I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THIS ARGUMENT.

When I'm old I'll be ugly anyway, what harm's a little tattoo going to do when I'm already fat and wrinkly. It's not like it's going to get hairy and grow a vagina or something.

Besides, I personally respect old codgers with piercings and tattoos, still smoking joints and swearing like they did at 15. Permed grannies, knitting in their comfy chairs all wrapped up in their pastel cardigans are creepy.
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

6. Lounge   -   #116
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Fair point she doesn't even have her ears pierced yet. She has always managed to be quite, quite different without any embellishments. In some ways the hair and what not might help her seem less spooky and more mainstream weird. If that makes sence.
    Might wanna watch out for that. No fun if she ends up looking like boring goth-punk-something or other #467.
    Imagine the picture of me at the beginning of this thread, with a silver nose stud and a small, decorative semi-moon on the back of the neck.
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

7. Lounge   -   #117
    rexton85's Avatar Poster
    groovy ;-)

8. Lounge   -   #118
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl View Post
    Having worked at a hospital and stuff, I know exactly how silly what must have been a really cool tat once upon a time might look on an old lady, or bloke.
    I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THIS ARGUMENT.
    I only wrote that a couple of hours ago, maybe you need to give it time, like.

Imagine the picture of me at the beginning of this thread, with a silver nose stud and a small, decorative semi-moon on the back of the neck.
    I don't think I've ever seen that exact combination before, but here's the thing: Just this last month I've seen girls with orange, red, indigo and blue hair. I've seen them with hair dyed black, with dreadlocks of fake purple hair woven in together with bits of white cloth. I've seen them with pierced lips, noses, ears and so forth. And all the pierced ones had jewelry made from silver or chromed surgical steel (it looked like), some with what was probably polished bits of glass or zirconium at the tip of studs. (Whatever happened to stuff made of gold or something?)

I've seen women with suns and moons and roses tattooed. In short, I've seen all the addons you have or are interested in, although not at once, as far as I can recall. And to be honest, after a while all of them with their artificial hair colours and their generic piercings sort of start to blend together. So if I'd seen you walk past me on the street, you'd just have been one among many, as far as those aspects of your personal style went.

So (again) in short, I'd not consider you unique in that respect.

But this is here and that is there. Maybe people in Britain don't look that way.

Purely aesthetically, tho', it's all right. And you aren't supposed to do it just to be different anyways, so who cares if some people look like you.

I have to say, though, that the hair alone, without piercings, tattoos and no more make-up than what you are wearing on that photo (if anything) would probably make me, personally, notice you more. Sometimes, it feels as if all the things a lot of the ones I described put on take away the person behind them, if that makes sense, and that's what lends them that sameness.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-18-2007 at 04:21 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #119
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    @ grow a vagina!

Go for the nose piercing. A tiny hoop would look lovely on you, I think.

I've always thought that girls with ears that are not pierced are really cool, so I'd leave those as they are.

Seriously Les, if she's got a hoop it'll only leave the tiniest scar if she wants to take it out. You might as well let her have it and make sure it's done proper instead of having her go to some charlatan who uses a stud gun to pierce noses
    It's not like it's going to be a permanent fixture. If she doesn't like it anymore she can just take it out

10. Lounge   -   #120
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    All piercings and tattoos are retarded.

That is all.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast