Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renting Sever!! Help :)

BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo$$4Life View Post
    ok forget the 20 to 40$....what's the some of best ones avalible? and how much do they run?
    Google for them and you will find a lot.
    You can count on prices $120-150 a month for 100mbit unmetered dedicated server. Also, it use to be a setup fee of 100-150 bucks.
    But that are for the more cheaper ones. If you are looking for the best, you have to cough up 1200-1500 bucks a month.

Leeware would do the trick for your use I guess.
    Last edited by BamZow; 07-14-2007 at 08:28 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    The thing most people don't understand is unmetered 100mbit for under $600 a month means you are sharing your 100mbit line. Certainly it can work out good but nothing stops the provider from putting tons of people on the line.

Most people like the idea of not having a bandwidth limit but most people would do fine with 2 or 3 TB up a month and to get that on a provider like Leaseweb or Vectoral is not a problem(you get dedicated 100mbit port for your bandwidth allocation).

The best thing about going with the highest burst capability too is when you start on a new torrent, the people who can upload the fastest make out the best so you may have an unmetered 100mbit line but the guy with a dedicated line for 2 or 3 TB will be able to upload at his line's full capacity while you will be sharing your bandwidth during that time.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Thanks for help people!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Xtremist's Avatar Veteran Trader BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I am trying a new server and will get a discount coupon + customised server.I will make a full reviw within 24 hrs then check back

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    check up on my poster help on renting a new seedboxs ur help is there i got softlayer its the best seedboxs iv had in a long it 1 giga line
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...oxs-out-203937
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    A note for people looking for an "easy" setup. Ease of use and price are directly related. The more you spend, the more user friendly it is (ie. hardware more reliable, network more reliable, familiar windows OS instead of linux). Conversely, the less $$$ you spend the more complicated things get (ie. cheap components, flakey network, linix OS).

Weigh your options. Do you have more money than time/patience/computer expertise?

I know it's subjective, but these are the questions you need to ask yourself.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Try Hosting-IE, their VPS Raptor 5 seems like what you'd be interested in. It'll be around $50 but it comes with Windows, so I guess it's worth taking a look. They also have a small setup fee, 5 euros I believe for VPS, but I guess you can squeeze it in with your budget.

Check it out here: http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/
    Last edited by limpdickkid; 07-15-2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: sorry, forgot to post link.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    Try Hosting-IE, their VPS Raptor 5 seems like what you'd be interested in. It'll be around $50 but it comes with Windows, so I guess it's worth taking a look. They also have a small setup fee, 5 euros I believe for VPS, but I guess you can squeeze it in with your budget.
    WOW! that loks great to replace my leaseweb box Question though, is can you reach 100Mbps out of house?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no idea. i dont use seedbox. But it says there that the 100mbit is on the master server, so that means the maximum you can reach is 100mbit but it will iusually be less than that. it depends on the other users on the server. It's just like "dedibox" you dont get 100mbit, you usually get around 30-50mbit. So it's probably the same here.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12