Thread: Bs Player Will Not Play Mpeg2(svcd)

My BS Player will not play MPEG2. It says error(unknown File format)

Every other player I have plays them just fine. But none of them have BS Players option of forcing RGB Mode which makes the picture show up on my TV when I have it connected to my labtop.

Does anyone know why how to fix this or how to make another player show up on my tv.

I currently have the latest Codec package 5.03, the newest BS Player version .86498.

I also have windvd, media player 9, and power DVD all of these players play MPEG2(SVCD) perfectly on my computer. But just show a blank screen in the video box when run thought my Television. Does anyone know if thier are any options to make any of these other players show up when connected to my TV.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    try zoom player...its optimised for tv output..

i had that problem once and i think it was either due to card drivers or codecs cant recall...id think its most likely driver related..your codec pak should be 203 not 503 prolly a typo huh?
    you might also find more info at doom9 they do only deal with media playing and there are some smart cookies there...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Did you try to set the tv output to primary in the display properties--->settings--->advanced...?
    If the tv output on your laptop is set as secondary it will show nothing, must be changed to primary, if the video drivers have that option.

See ya.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    phgroove

thanks for your help. Zoom Player is pretty nice! Does anyone have the profesional version? I could not find it on K-lite.

randm01,

You solved the problem when I set my tv as primary and my monitor goes blank my tv shows the video.

Thanks, I learned that my computer cannot show overlays on two seperate monitors at once, thats why I could see everthing but the video on my tv when both my monitor and tv were on.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Thanks again guys

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    phgroove,

You solved the problem when I set my tv as primary and my monitor goes blank my tv shows the video.

Thanks, I learned that my computer cannot show overlays on two seperate monitors at once, thats why I could see everthing but the video on my tv when both my monitor and tv were on.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

randm01,

thanks for your help. Zoom Player is pretty nice! Does anyone have the profesional version? I could not find it on K-lite.

Thanks again guys.