Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Families

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I just saw a spot on the news in the UK about Prince William "being himself" with his younger brother Harry and his father.

I think the Royal family are a joke, they have no use and do nothing but waste our money sitting in their huge palaces, renting them out to their cousins for ridiculous rates when there are thousands of homeless people in the UK.

It saddens me.

Do you think the Monarchy is of any use in the UK or any other country?

What are they there for? Ridiculous story's about their love lives in the press?

Who cares that William has turned 21? Oh ! Its because he's our future king !!

But then who cares about that? Quite a lot of people im sure, but why? What will he do? Isnt there a growing tide of young people who actually see NO NEED for the Royal family at all!???

Do you think the Royal familes of different countries are actually of any use whatsover?

Do they annoy you as well !?

Just like to know your opinions - cheers!

Bill

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Yep, the Royal Family are a waste of space in my book. They bring in some money from tourism but there are more important things than that. Their purpose is entirely ceremonial now, they serve no interest to the country except to remind everyone that we still are not a truly democratic country.

I agree that with every generation support for the Royals becomes less and less, so eventually they will be gone. Why not get rid of them now?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I am from the USA, and I love Royal Families. We don't have that here. To get rid of the Royal Faimilies would be a terrible thing. Even if they do nothing at all, I like knowing that there is royalty.

When my niece was a kid, she sent a letter to the queen (England) asking for an autographed photo. She got a reply. A royal looking letter, from some secretary, saying that her request was not possible. The queen does not sign autographs. My brother wrote the same request to the president of the United States and actually got an autograph (no photo).

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I'm a sitting on the toiiiiilet, all the live long dayyy.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@20 June 2003 - 18:28
    I'm a sitting on the toiiiiilet, all the live long dayyy.
    yes but does your broon ass think that the royal family is of any use!?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Do you think the Royal familes of different countries are actually of any use whatsover?
    .......... No!

Do they annoy you as well !? 
    .......... Yes!

I dont see the use of it, not at all, but i dont think their lives are easy...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    ermmm...no.
    "here's harry in his studie just like a normal student" MY ARSE! Poncey rich kid.
    They go on about him joining the army, it's gonna be hard for him what with his grandmother owning it and his *ahem* father incharge of it.
    BAH!

EDIT: i typed that in about 5 secs, i wonder if it made sense

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@20 June 2003 - 18:32
    ermmm...no.
    "here's harry in his studie just like a normal student" MY ARSE! Poncey rich kid.
    They go on about him joining the army, it's gonna be hard for him what with his grandmother owning it and his *ahem* father incharge of it.
    BAH!

In a mixed up drunken blubbering mess, it makes sense.......

Glad some people agree !!!

The news storys really annoy me...... WHO CARES IF HE RIDES HORSES WITH HIS FATHER !??

I agree with you summerlinda that their lives are not easy with the media attention, etc, but they do have it easy in terms of living like, well, literally, King's.

But nowadays its uncalled for, with the amount of suffering in the world the least we need is ponces living in huge-sized palaces spending silly amounts of money, for example, on travelling aroung the UK, opening things.......who cares?

Get someone else to open it !

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+20 June 2003 - 19:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 20 June 2003 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Proper Bo@ I tell thee,20 June 2003 - 18:32
    ermmm...no.
    "here&#39;s harry in his studie just like a normal student" MY ARSE&#33; Poncey rich kid.
    They go on about him joining the army, it&#39;s gonna be hard for him what with his grandmother owning it and his *ahem* father incharge of it.
    BAH&#33;

In a mixed up drunken blubbering mess, it makes sense.......

Glad some people agree &#33;&#33;&#33;

The news storys really annoy me...... WHO CARES IF HE RIDES HORSES WITH HIS FATHER &#33;??

I agree with you summerlinda that their lives are not easy with the media attention, etc, but they do have it easy in terms of living like, well, literally, King&#39;s.

But nowadays its uncalled for, with the amount of suffering in the world the least we need is ponces living in huge-sized palaces spending silly amounts of money, for example, on travelling aroung the UK, opening things.......who cares?

Get someone else to open it &#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, WHAT THAT GUY SAID&#33;&#33;

Quote of the day: "Ralph, Jesus didn&#39;t have wheels"

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Yep i back Crazy Billy Bats up here they r no use 2 any 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast