View Poll Results: Whats the most important thing in a private tracker?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scene content

53 37.86%
  • NonScene content

32 22.86%
  • Packs

36 25.71%
  • Security

39 27.86%
  • PreTimes

36 25.71%
  • Speed

74 52.86%
  • Community

41 29.29%
  • Freebies

21 15.00%
  • Staff

27 19.29%
  • Site features

11 7.86%
  • Layout

24 17.14%
  • Others

4 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats the most important thing in a private tracker?

BANNED BT Rep: +3
    1.content
    2.speed
    3.layout

if i was in us .. my first priority would be security !

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Chica BT Rep: +5
    #1 Security
    #2 Scene content ->Pretimes
    #3 Speed

#4 Layout
    #5 friendly staff and community

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I voted for pack, non-scene content, and security. Packs differentiate one scene tracker from the others. Tons of trackers offer the same scene content, and unique files make a tracker more memorable above the others. The non-scene content fits this, as well, especially for trackers such as Oink and x264. They offer unique, high-quality content that isn't rushed for delivery as is with scene content. I also value security, because trackers that aren't as accessible as others yet are still all-around great are very rare indeed.

I don't find that scene content, speed, or freebies are very important. There are plenty of trackers that offer great scene content, so there are always alternatives in this category. My connection isn't the best, so there are rarely any private trackers that don't offer good speeds for me. Also, I don't look for freebies in a tracker. Freebies are great if the tracker needs it to boost activity, but for me, seedability in a tracker is much more important. With or without freebies, if I am just unable to seed my part back adequately, the tracker wouldn't be very usable at all.

Pretimes, community, staff, and layout are of relative importance to me. Pretimes don't have to be on the dot, as long as they're relatively fast. A great community is awesome, but it isn't of utmost importance, since I can find community elsewhere, to be honest. I would want the staff to be nice, but I understand that they have to deal with a great number of people. As long as they do their job and I don't get wrongly accused, I'm fine. Also, an aesthetic layout is a plus for the eye, but as long as the layout is useable and not outright disgusting, I can definitely deal.

Great topic, btw.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Speed because there are so many trackers out there with pretty much the same content.

Then is content. Since there are so many trackers out ther with pretty much the same content is nice to see some exclusive content.

Security? If I was worried about security I would be only downloading from usenet.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Good Trader BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Community
    Content
    Security

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234