Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So me and the familia are going to the US for a vacation

phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post

I used to live in Harlem back in the day. When I visit now, I'm always pleasantly surprised at what I see. I must say their revitalization process is going extremely well . My friend bought a condo in a newly built residential complex along 117th and Madison and you'd be surprised how expensive the maintenance fee is. Of course, critics claim that its just a masquerade for letting the whites move back in.

Anyway, I still have my guard up when I walk there at night.
    This same gentrification is going on is DC. Part of it though is due to the housing boom.

Property tax for a DC rowhouse will run over $6000. These are on less than a quarter acre of land in many cases.

My property tax in under $4000, I have 1/2 acre, and have a decent sized home.
    I am soo happy I moved from that area... Things are much beter down here in Williamsburg.....I am a real estate appraiser and I deal w/ this shit everyday..

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    I don't have any recommendations, but you may find this site useful- http://www.restaurant.com/listings.asp?pgn=gcp

You can purchase/print off gift certificates for restaurants to save a bunch of cash. Always good when on vacation

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracydani3 View Post
    I don't have any recommendations, but you may find this site useful- http://www.restaurant.com/listings.asp?pgn=gcp

You can purchase/print off gift certificates for restaurants to save a bunch of cash. Always good when on vacation
    Yeah I've been using them for years.

Use code PRESENT the recalculate the total and you get 70% off certificates for the month of July.

That means $25 will cost you $3.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    That's cool I haven't used it yet, but just found out about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123