Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of The Riaa

after i read this article
    http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto...o/06252003k.php
    i uninstalled Kazaalite...

i know my chance getting caught is low like Paul [Admin] described. BUt will my ISP provider [Comcast] will give them my privacy out? like waht file i have d/l.. that even more scary..

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Damn RIAA...

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    im afraid RIAA doesnt find who you are just because how much u dnld or upload, they use IP detection and information sent by the user's ISP.

So hiding files in Klite is nothing. Just take care and use the PeerGuardian along KLite for higer security

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    I like the simple idea of blocking the list so that users cant see the files i am sharing. It gives me the privacy i need. If the list is blocked how can anyone see what i am sharing.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Originally posted by vaughn_le@6 July 2003 - 16:42
    they should've not cheated us out of our money in the first place.  I mean come on, a CD for 15 bucks?
    Its comments like this that aggravate me. They did not cheat you out of your money. They did not force you to pay $15 for a CD. I doubt that most people on this board pay for CDs ever.
    The artists and record labels created the music and CDs. They can charge whatever amount they want for it. If you think its too much, don't buy it. That doesn't give you the right to steal it. If you think a CD costs too much, and you buy it anyway, that is not them cheating you. You paid for the CD out of your own free will.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    n00b
    Unfortunately if you live in the UK, the RIAA can go through the BPI, the British branch of the company if they want to get hold of an "individual filesharer". I checked this out for myself by enquiring with the BPI and although they dont share the same drop in CD sales as the RIAA claim in America, they can act for them on that basis. The RIAA can get you nearly anywhere... sorry, but it doesnt look like even us Brits are immune.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Luckily, for us in South America, goverment has many other thing to do, than chasing filesharers.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    About the hiding shared files stuff. I don't think that's how they operetae. it's the downlaoding that counts.
    And besides; if i were the RIAA I would make a couple of supernodes and index the files that way...

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    I have no use for the riaa and mpaa. I will Not stop filesharing. We are a powerful voice Screw the MPAA & RIAA
    Romanticguy50

MY Wesite Is dedicated to the Memory Of my Wife of 15 years and mother of my daughter 15, She passed away at the age of 41 on Sept 7, 2003
    Our Website is http://www.freewebs.com/thecorls

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    I have no use for the riaa and mpaa. I will Not stop filesharing. We are a powerful voice Screw the MPAA & RIAA
    NICE ONE!!!!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast