Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of The Riaa

ThunderKnight
    I haven't heard anything yet about Imesh. I hadn't even heard of it till a few weeks ago. Are the RIAA going after that, too? Cuz, if they aren't, we can all just switch to that.

And there's something up with my K-Lite. It was working fine, but now it won't connect to anyone! It just say connecting, then more sources needed, then searching, and it repeats, never downloading a thing!

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    Recently my friends and I have been talking much about this subject of the RIAA taking down file sharer's ip addresses etc... and nobody really can agree on how not to be traced...

I love Kazaa lite, and I have installed the latest version that claims to hide one's ip address. But for me and many other concerned (parnoid?) people like me, we are starting to look at other p2p browsers for the most SECURED one.

The latest p2p software to peak my interest is Earthstation 5. http://www.earthstationv.com/

It seems to go further to protect one's identity than Kazaa Lite has dared too.

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Why do you people keep saying there invading your privacy? thats like saying that if you robbed a bank and stashed all the money in your house the police couldnt search your house. You steal music and I steal music the secound you do it you give up your right to privace because you broke the law.

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by opivy@21 July 2003 - 05:16
    Why do you people keep saying there invading your privacy? thats like saying that if you robbed a bank and stashed all the money in your house the police couldnt search your house. You steal music and I steal music the secound you do it you give up your right to privace because you broke the law.
    The police does need a search warrant...

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    asianmarine1
    Replying to your reasons for not be afraid of the copywriters.
    check out this information first then decide if you should still use kazaa

what do you think paul?

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    I live in the us. Over 900 federal supenas went out this week. Including one to a grandfather and a 14yr old girl. Comcast(my provider) didn't even put up a fight in court. Rolled over and just gave them their subscriber list that matched the ip's that the riaa offered. According to what I saw...100 songs and above are what they are looking for. I am so new at this..I have heard of proxy's but don't know how to get one or if they cost...? or if they would even work? i was looking at other P2P stuff...might try that ES5 thingie..but I have always like K....hate to hafta leave....is anything being done? or is K just gonna write off the us?

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    I don't evn d/l music files...but I want to share the legal cd's that I have purchased with others!..Especially some of the more ecceltic or rare songs/artists that I have. I know of some songs that i have not been able to buy anywhere else that at least i have a chance to get on here.

I feel like i would give others a chance to listen to some group or song that they might not even have heard of...

and whats next? movies?...and yes the RIAA does want to regulate cd burners and dvd burners..either hardware or software....so that u have permission to copy stuff...

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    contour69
    Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@20 June 2003 - 15:54
    1million mp3s!!
    I've got close to that!!

9. File Sharing   -   #59
    how can they target people who download tv shows and movies? i thought they're objective was mp3's...i dont know much but i dont think they will target people for movies and tv shows, for 1, theres no way you can get a tv show, and u dont pay for the tv show so i dont know why its illegal to download something thats free in the first place

movies are another story

10. File Sharing   -   #60
    Sondan
    OK all,
    After reading all of this, what is the best way to protect yourself against this?? I have seen a few posts but put this in "Protection for Dumbies" terms please.
    Signed,
    Sondan

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast