Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leechers

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Mitsu@22 June 2003 - 23:50
    Enough with this already. I mean, what is the big deal? I don't give a care about who is downloading from me. geezzzzzzzz
    Then why did you bump it back up the board??

I stand by what i say...there is no way to conclusively state that someone is leeching.

However, as the above post has said very eloquently......Who cares?

Lifes too short, and i worry about the sanity of someone that sits and watches the traffic screen all day.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I usually check people who are so-called k-lite masters, etc. with a participation level of 1000 that are trying to upload from me to see if they have any files to share, and it can be done, you just go to (find more from same user), and if it comes back that they are not sharing any files, I cancel them. and if they are persistent, I send a message to them that they can either cancel the upload themselves or I will do it for them, then, if they persist after that, and they send a nasty message back to me, I put them on ignore and once they are on ignore, I have my own little list of people who can not upload from me in the future.
    This is a filesharing program people, not a leech program, I don't care for people who think they can just get something for nothing, It takes everyone a long time to get the files in the first place, why should they be able to come in and just get it, and have nothing to offer in return.?

SHARE FILES OR BE CANCELLED, IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by scorpio67@24 June 2003 - 20:36
    I usually check people who are so-called k-lite masters, etc. with a participation level of 1000 that are trying to upload from me to see if they have any files to share, and it can be done, you just go to (find more from same user), and if it comes back that they are not sharing any files, I cancel them.
    It is the very K-lite users you may be cancelling who ARE sharing -- but just (out of fear, stupidity, or both) aren't allowing others to list their shared files. Their files still turn up in regular searches for files (at least if you do search more long enough...) and also can be a potential additional source for a file if they're sharing it.

With one of the latest Kazaa Lite++ versions, you can even see someone's PL if it's greater than 1,000. This is useful because Kazaa Lite++ users using the PL cheat are in the 9,000 to 19,000 PL range -- while most other cheats that get PL to 1,000 or higher seldom even reach a PL of 3,000. And the rare legitimate sharers would basically never get over 1,500.

It is possible that someone *IS* using Kazaa Lite++, is blocking listing of their shared files, and is using another PL cheat program to get their PL over 1,000 -- but that's the kind of nearly-pointless combination that makes it easier to just assume they're a leech.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 01:36
    I send a message to them that they can either cancel the upload themselves or I will do it for them, then, if they persist after that, and they send a nasty message back to me, I put them on ignore and once they are on ignore, I have my own little list of people who can not upload from me in the future.
    Damn. You spend all that time on something such at filesharing? You must have alot of time on your hands. Sitting down in front of your screen with a pen and paper writing down usernames of people who are "leeches" (or maybe they are people with the Privacy Patch on). Too bad when one of them changes their user name. Your going to have to update your "list" then.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I don't think anyone would make a list of usernames, far to many kazaaliteuser, defaultuser, www.k-lite.tk.improved_kazaa users around.

If they have their own name then there could also be more than 1 of them around, I've seen my exact same username in a search before.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by XStacy+25 June 2003 - 07:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XStacy @ 25 June 2003 - 07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 01:36
    I send a message to them that they can either cancel the upload themselves or I will do it for them, then, if they persist after that, and they send a nasty message back to me, I put them on ignore and once they are on ignore, I have my own little list of people who can not upload from me in the future.
    Damn. You spend all that time on something such at filesharing? You must have alot of time on your hands. Sitting down in front of your screen with a pen and paper writing down usernames of people who are "leeches" (or maybe they are people with the Privacy Patch on). Too bad when one of them changes their user name. Your going to have to update your "list" then. [/b][/quote]
    If what I have said has apparentlly offended you, and it must, you keep making stupid replies, then don&#39;t read what I post, and I will do the same and ignore you stupid comments. ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12