Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Clarification

Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 17:28
    I didnt find this thread the least bit offensive, just incase anybody is wondering.

I however did. Hence the thread here.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul+20 June 2003 - 18:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 20 June 2003 - 18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 17:28
    I didnt find this thread the least bit offensive, just incase anybody is wondering.

I however did. Hence the thread here.[/b][/quote]
    You have to keep in mind, JPaul, that you are doing the same - but less offensive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    JPAUL, I work a lot of construction sites. Inside those port-a-johns is a lot of graffitti&#33; As they say, "If your name doesn&#39;t show up some where in the sh*t house wall, then you ain&#39;t anyone important." So take it as a compliment.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@20 June 2003 - 17:41
    JPAUL, I work a lot of construction sites. Inside those port-a-johns is a lot of graffitti&#33; As they say, "If your name doesn&#39;t show up some where in the sh*t house wall, then you ain&#39;t anyone important." So take it as a compliment.
    I agree spindulik, well said.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@20 June 2003 - 18:41
    LOL

Done a bit of the construction myself mate. I worked on a job where we were using a climbing scaffold. Basically it is on "wheels" and it is the shape of the tower you are building. You pour concrete in the top and by the time it gets to the bottom it is hard. So you are putting the steel in and pouring the concrete, it has to work 24 hours a day, as you can imagine. That way your tower is one solid lump of concrete 150 feet high. This one was to hold the wheel for a mineshaft, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ve seen them.

I was actually mixing the concrete, as I was the only one who could actually work the mixer properly and make sure the concrete passed the tests, which were frequent. Of the 14 guys on my squad only myself and 1 other did not have any previous jail time. These were stong hard guys, but you had to show them how to work a shovel

I was mixing from 8 am till 8 pm (up at 6 and bed at 10 when you include travelling time) , twenty tonnes of concrete a day, on my own. With 3 bags of cement to each batch, this was serious concrete. The only help I got was when new loads of cement arrived. A couple of people would help unload it.

I am too old for that sort of stuff now, but because I did it I have every respect for those who do. It is really hard work and anyone who hasn&#39;t done it can&#39;t understand just how tired you can get. When you physically cant lift a pint of beer you know you have put a good shift in.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    JP I owe you an apology&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here it is: I was extremehead2003 - Created in response to your dual persona - which I didn&#39;t realise was common knowledge. Yep I&#39;ve been having a go at you - not with any hatred though - that I promise. But yes certainly trying to wind you up.

Motive - I&#39;ve seen you give some nasty verbals to some weaker characters on the board - you have been known to launch into one for no apparent reason. I&#39;ve often sat here and almost winced at the ferocity of your sarcasm and caustic tones. I&#39;ve also pissed meself laughing with you at times too&#33;

Please be aware that some times you really do hurt people especially when they are daring to venture an opinion. I know for a fact that others think this the case too.

Problem is that some people are affected by this in such a way that after a while they are too terrified to venture an opinion when you are present - I really don&#39;t believe that is you intention but it is happening.

By all means disagree - but it is possible to put someone straight without trying to destroy them. And that is the way it seems sometimes.

Back to my apology.

I apologise, with no further reservations for my behaviour and hold out a hand of peace and friendship and hope you will accept it.

Extremehead2003 will be no more&#33; Mods can delete if they wish&#33;

--------------------

[ Add to Buddies ]
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    I&#39;d like to say i agree with Fugley on this post. I think that your apology was needed, and I am glad to see a hand of friendship offered.

I am one example of a person that JP was unnecessarily rude to.

I dont know if anyone else wants to point this out.

No offence meant to you, JP.
    I hope you meant no offence to me.

I dont agree tho, that it frightens me from posting &#33;&#33;
    Maybe it does for other people tho as you mention.

Well ive said my bit,

Peace,

Bill

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Again for clarification.

fugley was kind enough to send me the above as a PM and we have had a couple of messages back and forth in relation to this matter. Sorted it out like adults sort of thing.

I didn&#39;t realise that he was also posting it here as well, no need for that in my opinion, but that&#39;s his choice. I have no problem with his decision to do this.

With regard to your never ending comments CBB. There is nothing I have posted about you that other people haven&#39;t either read or had the ability to read. They can decide if I was overly rude to you. They can also decide which of us lowers the tone of the forum.

I frankly don&#39;t really care either way. I just find you tiresome.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 19:38
    Again for clarification.

fugley was kind enough to send me the above as a PM and we have had a couple of messages back and forth in relation to this matter. Sorted it out like adults sort of thing.

I didn&#39;t realise that he was also posting it here as well, no need for that in my opinion, but that&#39;s his choice. I have no problem with his decision to do this.

With regard to your never ending comments CBB. There is nothing I have posted about you that other people haven&#39;t either read or had the ability to read. They can decide if I was overly rude to you. They can also decide which of us lowers the tone of the forum.

right thanks for lettin me know

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 19:38

I feel I owe you an pology, JP, reflecting on my comments.

I apologise if i have offended you in any way, or if you feel i lower the tone of the forum.

Personally I take all peoples comments on board (even olibombs - lol), and I respect each and every person&#39;s right to their views.

My comments will end quite soon as many know I am moving away from where I live, and I admit I will miss the chats and debates that have happened in here, between all members.

I love this place and it&#39;s because of you&#39;s.

So i extend a hand of friendship to you, JP, wholeheartdley, and hope you accept it willingly,

Peace in all sincerity,

Bill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast