Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Clarification

Poster
    Five minutes ago was the first time I saw this thread

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...opic=45678&st=0

I have nothing to do with it and have never posted in it.

I post this purely to clarify, for those who know me, that the accusations and insults aimed at me were entirely unfounded.

I would invite any mod to confirm this to be the case.

I will happily accept responsibility for that which I have done. However I take exception to this behaviour from people who paint the picture of righteous indignation and behave in an obsequious manner to form cliques around them. Having said that you seldom see sheep on their own.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    I probably wouldn't have seen that thread if JP hadn't posted the link to it.

I think it was extremely poor taste and judgement for olibomb to start a thread like that.

I haven't been here long enough to know if anyone is or isn't posting under more than one name. But IMO whoever olibomb is or isn't - they should be banned for doing what they did. And if the mods know for a fact that olibomb has an alter-ego on these boards - that ID should be banned as well.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    dont worry about it jpaul.
    he was just attention seeking, and acting like an eejit. i believe big brother is keeping an eye anyway.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    This is surprising - I've had ego problems in the past with both JPaul & tite-wad and this time I'm in full agreement with them

I was not sure when Extremehead said that he was JPaul - It seemed either like Extreme was trying to get "street" (aka forum) credit or was trying to undermine his name. Either way; despite my aggressive tendencies on the forum I'm a pacifist, but I'd love to see the mods (probably Lamsey) put the boot on Extreme heavily for trying to impersonate another member. JPaul is a very highly-respected member of the forum (sort of being god if it wasn't for a lack of mod powers ), and he (nor anyone else for that matter) deserves this. My guess would be that if JPaul did have multiple accounts, he wouldn't keep it a secret much.

And even more surprisingly, I'm with tite-wad - Let the piggy fry, mods! For anyone to come onto the forum and spout that much abuse to another member (no matter whether it was justified or not) is just disrespectful. I have suffered from "RL-rage" as Olibomb seems to blame his outburst on, but if that's what he calls rage then I'd suggest he take some anger management classes ASAP (or the nearest nut-house if they don't work). I'm surprised that a mod still hasn't deleted the topic in the first place.

Bender's not taking it and I can't blame him - Just let us know what happens to him, so we all have an idea of what the consequences of it are (especially for the newbies).

That's all I have to say - I hope I haven't offended anyone this time (apart from the obvious), but it is unintentional

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Well, JPaul, I don't think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts.

Edited typo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Olibomb has no friends. I am serious about this. Look for a topic in the lounge where he is asking people to chat to him on MSN.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@20 June 2003 - 17:02
    Well, JPaul, I don't think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts.

Edited typo
    Good point, well made.

There was some confusion before between me and CBB about the PB M thing. I did apologise to him for that, accepting it was my fault assuming it to be common knowledge, because everyone in the SS room knew me as PB M.

It's the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren't that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul+20 June 2003 - 18:07--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 20 June 2003 - 18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Bender@20 June 2003 - 17:02
    Well, JPaul, I don&#39;t think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts.

Edited typo
    Good point, well made.

There was some confusion before between me and CBB about the PB M thing. I did apologise to him for that, accepting it was my fault assuming it to be common knowledge, because everyone in the SS room knew me as PB M.

It&#39;s the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren&#39;t that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.[/b][/quote]
    "Everyone in the SS room" doesn&#39;t include everyone on this board; I think a lot of members are confused when PB Montgolfier is "criticizing" JPaul - have you ever thought of that?
    Why using two different usernames on the K-Lite board (and SoulSeek) when you deal with the same people?

I agree with you that the thread of olibomb was plain nasty: he&#39;s got a big warning and is on moderation now.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I didnt find this thread the least bit offensive, just incase anybody is wondering.

I dont mean to offend or cause any flame JP, but i have no memory whatsoever of ever recieving an apology from you.

What I recall is you calling me a "six year old" for walking out of room after "PB" was unbelievably offensive towards me.

By all means, give me the link to the thread where you gave out this apology.

I will wholeheartedly accept it if i see it.

I apologise if there are other people who recall this apology and it is brought to light that it actually did happen.

My memory can fade somewhat sometimes - so if anyone else can show or tell me of it I have no problem.

Peace,

Bill

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender+20 June 2003 - 17:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bender &#064; 20 June 2003 - 17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 18:07
    <!--QuoteBegin-Bender
    @20 June 2003 - 17:02
    Well, JPaul, I don&#39;t think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts.

Edited typo

Good point, well made.

It&#39;s the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren&#39;t that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.
    "Everyone in the SS room" doesn&#39;t include everyone on this board; I think a lot of members are confused when PB Montgolfier is "criticizing" JPaul - have you ever thought of that?
    Why using two different usernames on the K-Lite board (and SoulSeek) when you deal with the same people?

I agree with you that the thread of olibomb was plain nasty: he&#39;s got a big warning and is on moderation now. [/b][/quote]
    Again good points well made and fully accepted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast