Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Cable Modem Users

nizers's Avatar Poster
    In my expieriance it is defiinitly good advice to use this tip. It seems to me like whenever there is even the slightest 'hiccup' with the ISP's service the modem seems to have a memory and after a while i'm assuming that this could build up. Whenever my cable connection seems a bit sluggish i'll pull the plug on it and wait for a couple minutes and then plug it back in. It's always worked, absolutly 100% of the time. I'm sure doing this on a regular basis would be a very good idea.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Todd is cool
    The Belgium Cable Modem Resetters

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Just regedit your modem Don't try to uncap it When they catch up with you. It's gonna be DSL or back to the phone modem
    Window users should tweak Internet Explorer also. Your modem is only gonna be as fast as your computer is.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Thanks for the tips todd and brotherdoobie!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    toddiscool is correct.
    All hardware can benefit from a reset occasionaly. The first thing a service person would do when confronted with a suspect component.
    In any event, the normal routine for a cable tech would be to check the modem lights or indicators and then unplug it while taking levels and readings out side. Then power it back up and wait for a lock. Descramblers and convertors require a reset quite often, some brands more than others. In the case of addressable hardware, it's even more important in re-establishing a lock between the device and the headend and servers.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Would a modem with a "Standby" button be the same as resetting?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    I believe it isn't. It's likely a power saving feature that doesn't completely resend and renew the lock.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    whenever you reset your cable modem, it gives you a new ip address

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Not in this part of the world it doesn't.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by TazBainz@3 July 2003 - 05:10
    whenever you reset your cable modem, it gives you a new ip address
    no it dosent some people (like myself) have a static IP address and it stays the same IP permanantly

fuck Derby County

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast