Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Do You Find Codecs?

dont know if this the right place for it but ...have dld (tmd) hulk telesynch - divx player 2.0alpha. wmp 9 and bsplayer cannot playit all. gspot says not a valid avi file, type unknown,. same prob with tmd.the hulk.(smf).wp. I have klite codec pack installed believe its latest versoin (e.g it shows DivX Pro [version 5.0.5] [Encoding]). Is it a codec prob ive got or soemthign else? any advice please! did use to have nimo codec but removed so it would not clash or cause probs iwth klite codec pack.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    if you don't want to install an all-in-one codec pack, www.divx-digest.com is a good site to help track down the individual codecs.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by imojo@20 June 2003 - 22:28
    (tmd) hulk telesynch - divx player 2.0alpha. wmp 9 and bsplayer cannot playit all. gspot says not a valid avi file, type unknown,. same prob with tmd.the hulk.(smf).wp.
    Thats because .wmp is not an .avi file. Thats Windows Media Player, if you think its a codec problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling your K-lite codec pack. Make sure you have the newest one. And make sure that you highlight huffyuv codec in the install area so that you will have ALL the codecs in the package.

I really don't think it is a codec problem though. Maybe corrupt file if it wont play at all. The audio normally still runs if it is a codec problem.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by awfullwaffle919@20 June 2003 - 22:15
    Where can I find Gspot?
    Im not quite sure where I got my Gspot, I think it came with the latest version of AVI Preview, either that or it came from the latest K-lite codec pack.

a list of all the codecs I have:
    Definatly get the new K-lite codec pack...

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I got the KaZaA pack, installed pretty much everything on it.

DivX and Xvid worked fine.

MPEG1 worked fine.

AVI, MPEG4's, MPEG2 SVCD, M2V, OGG, and everything else all didnt work!

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Originally posted by awfullwaffle919@20 June 2003 - 22:15
    Where can I find Gspot?
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Google can find almost anything...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    So here is my issue.

I un-installed all my codecs, and installed the "klite codec 203". Which should have all I need.

Well it works for all my divx movies and xvid movies I believe.

However, none of my {TMD}tellesync movies work. like confidence, Identity, xmen2, 2 fast 2 furious, etc work. The play with audio but just a grayed out screen.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Edit:
    ALL these movies played properly before, prior to me screwing around with different codecs inorder to get the xvid matrix reloaded version to play properly which did not play properly and now does.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12