Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got this computer...output problem

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well that could be so many things , faulty PSU , bad mobo , video card fan or ? Whats left eh ? With out some spare parts to swap out your just going to drive yourself nuts , if you really what to keep it take it to a shop let them bench test and give you an idea what the problem is .

They tell you its the PSU say thanks and pay for the diagnostic's and buy a used one and replace yourself . Hey that way you know and they see these problems all the time so don't feel bad or dumb about it . Computers are suppose to be fun .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    haha its not mine...and my dad took it back to give to the guy without even asking me if im done...when the lady turned it on, it booted so lol she thinks i fixed it...i feel bad

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    you might want to check capacitors on the board for any signs of deformation or leaking. if you have a spare power supply, you might want to try that too.

[edit] nevermind, i haven't seen the second page of the thread

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'd suggest you reseat your ram. I've had a problem similar to this and discovered the problem was that my ram had come loose during transportation.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    iight, sounds like it could be the problem, next time it happens ill be like yo lemme come in and reseat the ram...its reasonable and easy to fix as long as you do it before it shorts

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    guys okay so i got the computer back, you know i dont know if anyone called it...but this is what i did...i bought a new computer its a business computer they needed something working immediately and couldnt handle on and off pc's...okay so i put in the harddrive from the other computer...and believe it or not, no signal after boot screen...i got soo pissed...but hey now i got a brand new computer that i gotta give to em, and im gonna transfer their files from their old harddrive when i get it to boot ocassionally, and transfer it to there new vista...

by the way, lynx called it...

wait, so how do i know if its the harddrive thats corrupt or just a few files...because i WAS gonna keep this harddrive for my self and just put xp in so if someone can help me out, thanks
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 07-27-2007 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6 View Post
    wait, so how do i know if its the harddrive thats corrupt or just a few files...because i WAS gonna keep this harddrive for my self and just put xp in so if someone can help me out, thanks
    Plug it in as secondary drive and format it.
    If the computer wont even boot with it plugged in as secondary (and booting from the old drive obviosuly) then it's faulty.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    wait, can i get files off of it still? it boots occasionally, and safe mode 1 every 3

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6 View Post
    wait, can i get files off of it still? it boots occasionally, and safe mode 1 every 3

If you listen to Ross's advice you have a good chance . OOps with out the "Format" of course .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    yeah i did that, and just burnt it...but theres no way to keep the programs that were installed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12