Thread: Zone Alarm Pro + Linksys Router ?

Poster
    help i said yes to new netowrk steup and now its got some ip adresson trusted zone ahhh help?! this sucks will i get fucked up?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    most linksys routers have built in hardware firewall, those can be better than software fires

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The Linksys routers don't protect outgoing connections, so if a virus did get into your computer.... It can send information out easy.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by EnJoi@20 June 2003 - 12:26
    help i said yes to new netowrk steup and now its got some ip adresson trusted zone ahhh help?! this sucks will i get fucked up?
    dude, dont worry. That's your IP lol. Not someone else's.
    That's how it doesnt block the router from working.
    Zone Alarm Pro is one of the best software firewalls out there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    This is sorta off subject... but not long ago, one day out of the blue, my ZAP warning screen came up and said that it detected a new network and asked what i wanted to do with it. I said yes of course and then i couldn't get online or connect in any way. Then i looked into my trusted zone's and noticed that i had enabled a new IP address as my primary network. I wonder how this happened. I just simply told it to 'not allow' this network and then voila i was connected to my old network. I'm using a netgear wireless router and was thinking that i had somehow connected to somebody elses router. Anybody have any ideas?