Thread: darknet

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I want to set up a darknet with a friend of mine so we can share mp3's and wot not. any suggestions????

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    yes

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    You can just use an IM client (like AIM) to share files with your friends. Or you can set up a HTTP (or FTP) server on your computers and go from there. You can always use the Windows Share function. Thats probably not the name but basically it allows you to select a folder to be seen over the network. THeres also the bit torrent protocall. And lastly, I suppose you can just start trading CD/DVD or USB memory sticks.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    yes
    wiseass

Quote Originally Posted by erRor67 View Post
    You can just use an IM client (like AIM) to share files with your friends. Or you can set up a HTTP (or FTP) server on your computers and go from there. You can always use the Windows Share function. Thats probably not the name but basically it allows you to select a folder to be seen over the network. THeres also the bit torrent protocall. And lastly, I suppose you can just start trading CD/DVD or USB memory sticks.
    I was thinking FTP but I was hoping for something encrypted. bit torrent might be better i'll look into that do you know any guides that can help me along?

EDIT:
    CD or USB is out i'd have to send them in the mail

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67 View Post
    Ok well first the man is talking about sharing not trading.

In my opinion the best you can do is download this program http://www.slavanap.org/download.php ( the full windows installation) then make it a *registered only server and off you go...

To log onto your Slavanap filesharing server, follow this how to get started guide using the well know Lopster client..but you can also use the famous Winmx filesharing client too, to log in.

If you do decide to give it a spin..then if you need help, feel free to contact me if you have problems with the installation

*This means that only friends you personally register will be admited to your server..which is about as private as it can be.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    @thewizeard: sounds perfect thanks for you help I'll be sure to ask if i need more help and I'll come back to this thread and let you know how I went in the next couple of weeks

cheers

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Here you will see my two networks Mensa and Filesharingtalk...

http://www.gotnap.com/index.php?loc=list

8. File Sharing   -   #8

Jesus there's alot out there I had know idea atm moment I just use bittorent and limewire. if I download the client will I be able to log on and share over these networks?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

Jesus there's alot out there I had know idea atm moment I just use bittorent and limewire. if I download the client will I be able to log on and share over these networks?
    You sure will.. and if you add FST to your screen name then I will add you to our friends list giving you special priviledges...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    This sounds cool, I wanna give it a go

Will set up my client and PM you Mr.Wize and Ard
    Now go away.