Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Screen On Vid Playback

robbyd123
    All my movies were working fine until a few days ago. Audio still works fine, and all codecs are installed. I decided to give windows media player 9 a try, including the windows media codec pack. I'm not sure if this was the cause of the problem, but now more than half of my movies display a solid grey screen with the audio portion working fine. Same problem on all players, including BS, Divx, WMP and WinDVD. And yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the klite codec pack. If anyone has a clue, I'd be grateful.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    same thing happen to me, i donno why but i didnt use wmp9, i think i have to formatt

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I tried to watch The Red Dragon on BSPLayer and it said all codecs were installed but I'm also getting a grey screen. Any solutions given yet?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    maddytherenegade's Avatar Poster
    i also have the same problem..
    but, the movies are playing in DIVX player
    not in wmp3 or powerDVD

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Perhaps G-Spot can give some clue what's going on?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by robbyd123@21 June 2003 - 01:59
    All my movies were working fine until a few days ago. Audio still works fine, and all codecs are installed. I decided to give windows media player 9 a try, including the windows media codec pack. I'm not sure if this was the cause of the problem, but now more than half of my movies display a solid grey screen with the audio portion working fine. Same problem on all players, including BS, Divx, WMP and WinDVD. And yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the klite codec pack. If anyone has a clue, I'd be grateful.
    ok the k-lite codecs got corrupted in some whays when u installed the window media payer codec pack (same thing happend to me but with some other codecs)so what u need to do is unistal the windows media codec pack and unistal the k-lite codec pack. Then restart ur computer and install the k-lite codec pack and if is still doin it unistall the codec pack again and go to
    My Computer/c:/windows/system32/ and manually delete the codecs be sure to delete all the codecs in the k-lte pack onece u do that restart ur computer and install k-lte codect pack and that shuld fix the problem
    [ gs removed the sig, it was 1455.14 KB lol ]

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Or it could be that the contrast settings for one or more of your codecs are set to 0.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@8 July 2003 - 22:16
    Perhaps G-Spot can give some clue what's going on?

Or it could be that the contrast settings for one or more of your codecs are set to 0.
    I used that and it said all codecs were installed.

How do i check the contrast levels on a codec?

Im using BSPLayer not windows media player...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ok the k-lite codecs got corrupted in some whays when u installed the window media payer codec pack (same thing happend to me but with some other codecs)so what u need to do is unistal the windows media codec pack and unistal the k-lite codec pack. Then restart ur computer and install the k-lite codec pack and if is still doin it unistall the codec pack again and go to
    My Computer/c:/windows/system32/ and manually delete the codecs be sure to delete all the codecs in the k-lte pack onece u do that restart ur computer and install k-lte codect pack and that shuld fix the problem
    i tried that it didnt work for me can some one help me please?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    yup i also have the same problem with some movies when played in bsplayer or windows media player ....i dont know how to correct it but u can watch those movies in video lan player.....those movies are displayed correctly by video lan player....hope it helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast