Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Havn't Been Feeling Myself Today........

Poster
    Not really in high spirits today me thinks it's down to pre-flight nerves. Next weekend I'm off for 11 days to Ukraine.

Goin over there to meet some inlaws. To be honest I'm not really lookin forward to it. The place sounds a bit grim (former USSR country). But worst of all it's the flying I don't like.

We are flying from Heathrow to Warsaw (Poland) then on to Lviv (Ukraine). That's two bloody take offs in one day - Sh*t!

Have any of you ever been to the Ukraine?

Please tell me some reassuring stuff about how safe flying is. Some big statistics like how miniscule the odds of dying in a crash and things etc. Or any other flying experiences you can relate.

Also any advice for calming the nerves during flight!

But no scaring the Fug please!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #2
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Well for a start i think the Russian&#39;s have the most dogy record of flight safety - their planes crash quite a lot, old pieces of sh*t i suppose &#33;&#33;

i wouldnt worry too much fugley chum

I have flown quite a lot and i wont lie, i am scared everytime, take-off especially, and any BUMPS and the contents of my bowels are in my seat (well, not THAT bad).

i would see have a few wee drinks to calm your nerves &#33; never done it myself (dunno why ), but dont take too much and im sure you&#39;ll be fine

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i was told you are more likely to die of a coconut hitting you on your head, than of dying in a plane crash. you will be fine. i miss flying, i was on a plane last year coming home from Dublin, and there was a fantastic electrical storm going on at the same time. soooo pretty.

dont supose that calms you much, does it?
    theres always the mini-bar on the plane for that though.

i would suggest bringing a really good book, a walkman and BATTERIES, and a lot of hard boiled sweets for when your ears pop.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@21 June 2003 - 15:25
    Well for a start i think the Russian&#39;s have the most dogy record of flight safety - their planes crash quite a lot, old pieces of sh*t i suppose &#33;&#33;

i wouldnt worry too much fugley chum

I have flown quite a lot and i wont lie, i am scared everytime, take-off especially, and any BUMPS and the contents of my bowels are in my seat (well, not THAT bad).

i would see have a few wee drinks to calm your nerves &#33; never done it myself (dunno why ), but dont take too much and im sure you&#39;ll be fine

I will take a small hip flask of whisky for medicinal wotsits only ofcourse&#33;

I saw a proggy once on tv about Russian Pilots drinking vodka for luck before take off. They did not doubt their piloting abilities it was just that the planes had gone months without servicing.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by lilmiss@21 June 2003 - 15:28
    i was on a plane last year coming home from Dublin
    well......off-topic, but f*ck it its old hairy arses topic anyway......

did u like it in the fair city then &#33;&#33;&#33;???

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+21 June 2003 - 15:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 21 June 2003 - 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lilmiss@21 June 2003 - 15:28
    i was on a plane last year coming home from Dublin
    well......off-topic, but f*ck it its old hairy arses topic anyway......

did u like it in the fair city then &#33;&#33;&#33;??? [/b][/quote]
    Lamsey&#33; Lamsey&#33; Help my topic is being abused&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by fugley@21 June 2003 - 15:32

Lamsey&#33; Lamsey&#33; Help my topic is being abused&#33;
    Stop your gurnin you wee baby

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    when taking long haul flights it&#39;s best to drink alot of fluids, preferably alcohol,
    brandy,jack daniels, that sort of thing you know.
    as for stats your more likely to be hit by a high speed cattle stampede, caused by
    an avalanch whilst stuck on a level crossing, in a beige mk2 cortina with a red
    vynl roof and an eight track cartridge player, than die in a plane crash. or so i&#39;ve
    made up. Have a nice flight.
    max 80x80
    100kb

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by neil1967@21 June 2003 - 15:35
    when taking long haul flights it&#39;s best to drink alot of fluids, preferably alcohol,
    brandy,jack daniels, that sort of thing you know.
    as for stats your more likely to be hit by a high speed cattle stampede, caused by
    an avalanch whilst stuck on a level crossing, in a beige mk2 cortina with a red
    vynl roof and an eight track cartridge player, than die in a plane crash. or so i&#39;ve
    made up. Have a nice flight.
    That&#39;s just the kind stuff I need Neil - Thanks mate&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #10
    You could take narcotic drugs to keep yourself occupied.....

But chances are something bad might happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast