Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musicworld Database Thread

Poster
    This should not have been locked or unpinned.

The offending posts could have been removed insead. This is an example of a good thread being lost because some people lost the plot with each other. Lots of people do it and if it's just nonsense in the Lounge then nothing is lost.

I would respectfully ask that the thread be re-pinned and re-opened. It's how we recruit new members for the KLF room in Soulseek. A lot of work went into that, by one member, supported by many others.

There is precedent. e.g The Sharedaddy thread for movie sharing has had offending posts removed, but the thread itself lives on.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    But FC removed his orignal post anyway.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    did i miss something

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Everything is a matter of opinion...imo...it shoulda stayed because it was FC's last post (i think)...the soulseek thread (new or old) should not be locked because it was a valuable resource when the server was down and we could see what was going on...but as usual (for the safety or some bullshit like that) it was locked which i think is a crock of shit...but thats my opinion...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    And yes i was one of the people responsible...for the reason of sticking up for a mate...Mod's and their powers...This board is turning out to be just like America... With all the corruption...always doing the wrong thing and never doing the right thing...It's all about the power these days...and forgetting the small things...Meh...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Curley@21 June 2003 - 19:51
    But FC removed his orignal post anyway.
    Bender re posted it later in the thread.

I just don't like the idea of it being taken down. I think of it as being a permanent part of the forum. Maybe it's just because I was there when it was all being done.

Probably just a symptom of my age. It just seems a shame to unpin it and lock it.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    can someone explain exactly wot happened?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    FC decided to leave the board, he deleted his post in the Music Database thread and the mods decided there was no point in it being there anymore, and closed it.

They could of put the post back in I suppose, but GS has now made a new one so its not really important in my opinion.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    It's not a big deal. The pinned thread wich Funky Capricorn started to get people to join the Soulseek KLF Room has been unpinned and locked. Apparently because of a little tiff.

I just think it would have been more appropriate to remove the offending posts. That's all.

It's happened a couple of times for ShareDaddy. Offending posts removed.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    For Brockster

What Happened Was...

Original Pinned Soulseek Thread was changed by FC the day he left...

People then used it to talk about FC leaving

People then payed out FC and pretty much told him to f*ck off

People then stood up for FC

Flame War started

One of the Mods Locked and Un Pinned the thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast