Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeware speeds

Poster BT Rep: +3
    What is the quickest way to transfer from leeware to your computer.

Plz help

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    My guess would be FTP.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I thought that but using ws ftp which is the only program that works i get 20kbps max

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    use cuteFtp, set your max connection to as much as you can(like 50) and then start downloading, youll get max most of the times, in case of single file downloading you can use Webmin and download via browser.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I'll give it a try thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I've tried many different things and the best was to set up an FTP-server on your box and then use a download accelerator when downloading files to your comp.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    wow, this has been done to death. The ftp that comes already setup with leeware is sftp and is EXTREMELY slow. Either setup regular ftp or just use http

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    wow, this has been done to death. The ftp that comes already setup with leeware is sftp and is EXTREMELY slow. Either setup regular ftp or just use http
    I thought it was slow b/c it was A: hosted at FDC (eeeewwwww cogent...) and B: a VPS (chances of finding one that isn't oversold to death are rare.. very rare..).

Fastest i've seen a leeware go is 2MB/s and that was for 2 seconds. Best chance is to do like what's already been said, and thread the hell out of it to fight for crappy cogent bw being shared with however many people are using the same link on that particular VPS machine

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DarkWave's Avatar Greek Member BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Create a new torrent with the files you want to move, use as tracker your leeware IP (vpsxxx.leeware.com:8080/announce) if you have 8080 port in your webui, and from the advanced options in utorrent make enable bt.enable tracker.

Then download the torrent you created with sftp, and download it with your home client @ full speed (for my home connection)

I got 210 kB/sec in my 2 mbit connection, but @ work i saw up to 1 MB/sec

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekMember View Post
    Create a new torrent with the files you want to move, use as tracker your leeware IP (vpsxxx.leeware.com:8080/announce) if you have 8080 port in your webui, and from the advanced options in utorrent make enable bt.enable tracker.

Then download the torrent you created with sftp, and download it with your home client @ full speed (for my home connection)

I got 210 kB/sec in my 2 mbit connection, but @ work i saw up to 1 MB/sec
    nice solution, and you are sure the files won't be corrupted once on your pc this way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast