Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Thing In This Pit

insanebassman
    Well, as some know, I got bad news from my best freind last week. (about his mom.) That is still up in the air as far as treatment.

I just received a call that another good freind, and fellow musician, just took his own life. His uncle and I were co-workers and I met him while recording some bassline for a smooth jazz project.(With his uncle.) We all recorded together and got my friend's project rolling. The kid was great on the guitar!

Lat night (friday night as it was still saturday when I got the call) he decided to silence his beauty and take a bullet.

Damn the human race can really suck sometimes...

Waiting for the 3rd one, as these things come in threes.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Man, that is some heavy shit.
    My sympathies to all involved.
    My bewilderment and sadness at this world deepens.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    My heart goes out to you and all cocerned dude

One of the worst things is a person taking their own life, so sad

Peace to all

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

4. Lounge   -   #4
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Im sorry to hear that bassman.......Thats really sad, dude....

I am thinking of you all.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    insanebassman
    I, and everyone I am certain, appreciate the thought. I will be up all night thinking on this. This will be yet another person in my life gone. When I count how many I have lost over the years I feel I should disappear too. Then, I realise how selfish that is and my other feelings of rage and nihilism. I have a beautiful, loving wife, a cute little girl who is still proud to call me daddy and a pretty good life at this point.

Thus the reason I debated posting this here. I hate sharing too much misery, as it is a selfish act. Yet, I am not an island and there are those here I respect as though I knew them IRL. I feel free to share my feelings here, how ever violent, silly, painful or luke warm they may be.

Thanks to everyone for being here and for allowing me to partially cauterize my wounds.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    If there's anyone at all you think might be able to lend you a helping hand or an understanding ear, do not hesitate to contact them.....whether they're in this forum or not. OK ?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    insanebassman
    Appreciated Riddler, I am waiting on my wife to get home. Se spent the weekend with her two best girlfriends working on thier business together. She takes good care of me when I have mood swings. I beleive this will precipitate one but for now I am numb. My current therapy is playing my bass as I read through the forum. I may hit Mirc in a bit, or try to get a little sleep. Either way, talking to you guys and gals here has helped immeasurably. (And kept me of the sh*tl list of my freinds I would wake up by phone were you not here! )

I am manic Depressive to top things off, so my lady knows how to handle me. I just hope I stay numb a little longer.

Thanks again!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I would have killed myself if it wasn't wrong in my religion. The punishment is eternity in HELL :flame:

9. Lounge   -   #9
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Insanebassman, your sensivity displays to everyone that you love and are loved.
    Embrace this opportunity however bleak (and it is) to absorb the love of your wife and daughter. Just reading your post has given me pause to sigh some relief at seeing my family safe and well around me.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by insanebassman@22 June 2003 - 04:27
    Appreciated Riddler, I am waiting on my wife to get home. Se spent the weekend with her two best girlfriends working on thier business together. She takes good care of me when I have mood swings. I beleive this will precipitate one but for now I am numb. My current therapy is playing my bass as I read through the forum. I may hit Mirc in a bit, or try to get a little sleep. Either way, talking to you guys and gals here has helped immeasurably. (And kept me of the sh*tl list of my freinds I would wake up by phone were you not here! )

I am manic Depressive to top things off, so my lady knows how to handle me. I just hope I stay numb a little longer.

Thanks again!
    OK then........but if you even THINK of doing anything crazy, I'll drive over there and pull your ears over your head ! ....don't think I can't find you !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast