Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now That Bandwidthplace Speedtest Is Not Available

Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    Now that the Bandwidth Place Speed Test site would no longer offer free online speed tests, does anyone know of another reliable site, or even a small prog, which does the same service and has accurate results ..

I know that there are hundreds of sites that do speed tests but I'm not sure how accurate or reliable those results will be.

BTW I know that this is not directly related to 'Filesharing' ... but I think it is important to enough P2P users to be posted here ...

- Skeptic

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Skeptic@22 June 2003 - 09:02
    Now that the Bandwidth Place Speed Test site would no longer offer free online speed tests, does anyone know of another reliable site, or even a small prog, which does the same service and has accurate results ..

I know that there are hundreds of sites that do speed tests but I'm not sure how accurate or reliable those results will be.

- Skeptic
    I'm not sure how accurate Bandwidthplace was either, but it really doesn't matter.

As long as you go to the same test and use multiple results you should at least learn if a tweak has improved your results or not.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    www.DSLreports.com bandwidth tests accurate up to 5MB servers use 43MB/s DS3 backbones.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i liked that place, made me feel happy about my bandwidth

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I use http://www.adslguide.org.uk , which is pretty good.

As for reliability, i guess it's just best to pick one and stick to it, its like weighing scales, they give a good guide as to increase and decrease, but won't ever be accurate (overheads and stuff)

<insert signature here>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Forum Star
    ... or http://www.pcpitstop.com/, besides your connection speed they can test your complete system.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    www.dslreports.com all the way, check out all those forums, I am so addict to there

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I always used bandwidthplace aswell, When left i switched to DSL reports and the same results so I would say either it is acurate, or just as accurate as bandwidthplace.com

9. File Sharing   -   #9

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    It appears broadband reports is another one of those scam sites working with the ISPs to sell broadband by falsely reporting your true bandwidth.
    This one has been highly promoted by Shaw Cable also.
    The average Max speed of a Shaw residential line is 1 to 2 mbps with results closer to 2 mbps the nearer you are to the fiber hub.

This > is pure bull&#33;

http://members.shaw.ca/telfaq/bullshit.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast