Thread: Svcd Converting To Vcd :s. Do I Need To ?

hey i just brought a DVD player CD-DVD supports, i played Bruce Almighty and Matrix Reloaded the first CD worked, but the others didnt, i guess i need to convert to VCD, what program should i use, roughly how, and will it decrease the quality alot if any ??

chris

i would search on here but that feature is down, so sorry if uve heard this so many time, u see ive got stargate SVCD wanna watch on my DVD player but i gotta convert to VCD with NERO but how any1 ?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    I don't think nero will convert svcd to vcd but since i don't use nero I'm not sure. Here is a link to a site with lots of information on this. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/mpeg2tovcd.htm

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    right 2 more questions, it analysises my mpeg and says is mpeg - 2. says re-endoe file to mpeg-1 do i click re-encode to change to VCD ? secondly if i do this will i lose the original SVCD and will it decrease the quality

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    yes, qaulty will decrease but its not that noticable, i use my tv-out but thats diff story......just stand far from your tv

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Yes, original file will not be deleted unless you choose for it.
    Quality-loss is huge !! You can see it if you play both versions in a software-player.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Use Tmpgenc and go to file>Mpeg tools
    Then load your file and change the video type to video cd (it shd have been SVCD or Mpeg2).
    Then press start and wait about 10 mins and then burn the file you created with nero or vcd easy.

then go SPAM your mum

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i done stargate episode 3 season 7 with dav2avi or somat, got the video and audio file, then used that tmpeg thing, took about an hour, dropped from 700mb to 4ooodd, quality decreased badly,but i had on high quality, maybe i should set to highest quality, least it works tho!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    use what JaVnI said, it's called the header trick, it tricks your dvd into thinking it's a vcd when it's really a svcd, it only takes a couple of minutes, but change the name of the output file or it will overwrite the original.

Here's the simple instructions follow them in this order.

Open tmpgenc go file>mpeg tools>simple multiplex.

Select the video input(mpeg) and the audio will fill out automaticaly.

Then select the type: MPEG 1 Video-CD.

Then change the name of the output file so it wont overwrite the original.

Press run, at the end you might get somthing like buffer underun errors ignore these.

You can now burn that file to cd which should play fine.