Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where can I start, what can I offer?

Urgent

I'll cut to the chase. I guess that, like many of the new members, I too am here for torrent invites. That's the reason I came here.

Don't get me wrong! I've read the FAQ, the welcome and I want to everything I can to become a (valued?) part of this community but I'm not going to lie. I want to get away from those public trackers, that's my motivation. I don't care very much about anything else here. I don't know anyone personally, talking about file sharing feels a little like... uhm... talking about salt... and any information I need I can get from google a lot faster than anyone here could answer a post.

Now here's my problem. On the one hand, I really don't want to end up "leeching" this place under the cover of fake charm like many other users are probably doing and on the other hand, the system is set up in a way that will probably force me to do just that.

So in order to get this whole "mission" to the private trackers running I would like someone to point me somewhere where I can do some good. The way I see it, there are three ways to get my post count up;

1) Nonsense (spam): Say "hello" here, say "me too" there...
    Not something I want to do.

2) Asking stuff: How do I do this or that.
    Only need to do that once. Now.

3) Answering people's questions:
    Exactly what I'd like to do in order to "return the favor".

So I very kindly bid one of the older members or admins to help me out a little. Some pointers to (sub)forums where people tend to have a lot of questions, a tutorial that needs writing... anything in my power, I will do.

Cheers, and thanks in advance for tolerating my directness. I don't believe in bullshit.

ciram

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You can write a tutorial on anything you want, anything you're good at (on topic).

The Software, Hardware, Games, Newsgroups, and BitTorrent forums all always have people asking questions. Read the thread titles and that usually gives a clue as to what the thread is about.
    Anywhere you can give some input it's fine to do so.

I'm not that into the BT scene myself, but usually how one gets into the private trackers is to get a free invite from a friend or a forum member (ask in the invites forum when you get access, sometimes there are already giveaway threads active).
    Then use that private tracker for a while and upload to get a good ratio. Eventually you can request an invite to another tracker by showing a screenshot of youur ratio on the first tracker you got, and so on to work up the ranks.
    You can gain trading rep here on this forum by giving away invites to other users, and trading accounts, after which they can (voluntarily) give you rep.
    As you get more known around the forum and earn 'trading rep' you'll probably have more chance of getting new trackers for free, and more chance of people wanting to trade with you.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Cheers mate. Much appreciated. Now I know where to go from here. You'll see me around the forums.

ciram

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ciram
    1) Nonsense (spam): Say "hello" here, say "me too" there...
    A good way to meet and get to know the members, is in the Lounge. It's here https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/ come and introduce yourself... and don't underestimate the value of spamming there.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    here and there
    You write English very fluently and that impresses me. There are a lot of users here who cannot even get their meaning out because of the lack of English skills. And those who do know English better, quite many of them uses a lot of (lame) acronyms and stuff, which just complicates the process of understanding.

Writing clearly and wisely gives you 10 points right now. At least from me. And last but not least, it makes you look more trustworthy.

Rossco already gave good tips on how to get into different kinds of trackers. Giveaways are always great.

What kind of trackers do you have at the moment? Where do you download your stuff from? Just asking because maybe I could help you with some invites or such if I happened to have something you already don't have and would probably find useful.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kinder View Post
    You write English very fluently and that impresses me. There are a lot of users here who cannot even get their meaning out because of the lack of English skills. And those who do know English better, quite many of them uses a lot of (lame) acronyms and stuff, which just complicates the process of understanding.

Writing clearly and wisely gives you 10 points right now. At least from me. And last but not least, it makes you look more trustworthy.

Rossco already gave good tips on how to get into different kinds of trackers. Giveaways are always great.

What kind of trackers do you have at the moment? Where do you download your stuff from? Just asking because maybe I could help you with some invites or such if I happened to have something you already don't have and would probably find useful.
    At the moment I'm on all the popular trackers. TPB, demonoid, mininova... you know - Pop-trackers. Since I don't live in the US I tend to use BitTorrent to download episodes/seasons of tv-shows [in english]. Advertisements annoy me and so do insane dvd prices and nazi-copy protection schemes. This is probably what I waste most of my bandwidth for.

Additionally I use the BitTorrent networks to get my fix of mac apps, music and the occasional movie - I get annoyed when things take 3+ months to make it overseas...
    More specifically I'm talking of things like developer previews, absurd electronic music, classical music and dvdrips.

The reasons I would like to migrate my torrenting to private trackers are speed, a more involved community and security.

Cheers guys. Looks like this was the right place to start.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well not everyone is English here, so they have to do there best to make themselves be understandable ....and so we do our best to understand them. (Without a point system) Basically though, this is a bittorrent topic and belongs on that forum too.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    rossco summed it up for the most part, but I'll add one thing - Being helpful and patient throughout your stay here is vital. Most veteran invite traders here will review a bit of your past posting methods to see what type of a person they'll be inviting.

That being said, go make yourself useful.

PM me once you've surpassed your first 30 days, and I'll check your posting trends. If you seem to be a helpful, mature individual, I'll set you up with invites to all the major places.

yo

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kinder View Post
    And those who do know English better, quite many of them uses a lot of (lame) acronyms and stuff, which just complicates the process of understanding.
    OMG WTF?!? I cant belive u just said tat?!!? lolz

@OP: I commend your desire to add something to the forums, good luck with that.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Welcome ciram...

favourite part of this thread so far...kinder saying "quite many of them uses a lot (lame) acronyms and stuff..."

not very good english in there at all. and before you pick on my lack of capital letters, i am too lazy to press the shift key or caps lock twice. so there.

but as i said, welcome ciram

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast