Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So me and the familia are going to the US for a vacation

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    And I need to set the itinerary for NY (Manhattan). 4 days. Sunday is set already (Ellis Island, though no idea what the hell we'll be doing the other half of that day ). So, I would love some informative info. on the musts, with linkage and co. Where it is and how far from the Belle Claire hotel (250 west 77th st zip code is 10024).

Many thanks for any help

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Just 4 days and then back to Azrael.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Nope, 4 days there, then Boston, NC, Virginia (all over the place), DC, then back to NY.

3 weeks

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Nope, 4 days there, then Boston, NC, Virginia (all over the place), DC, then back to NY.

3 weeks
    Noice.

In Virginia, go to Colonial Williamsburg. If you go over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge into Maryland look to the right at the new harbor being built. I live over that way.
    In North Carolina, hit the beach in Outer Banks (Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, etc.)
    In DC, hit the Air & Space Museum, the Spy Museum, the Washington Monument, and if you see a Verizon technician with an Even Steven, say WUZUP

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Thanks for the info.

Was wondering about some NYC information though.. Your help was greatly appreciated anyways

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Busy, is the Biltmore (spelling) Estate worth driving to?

yo

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Busy, is the Biltmore (spelling) Estate worth driving to?
    From what I heard, yes. I've never been personally.

You only have to drive up into Assville though.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    If you're going to Ellis island, I'm assuming you're also stopping by the Liberty Statue then? If you want to be cheap, a great tip would be to just take the Staten Island ferry roundtrip which is free and you'll still have a nice view of both Ellis and and the statue. The upside is that the roundtrip itself is less than an hour and wont consume most of your day and its free!

After that, I would strongly suggest taking a stroll at the Brooklyn Bridge. IMO, it's the most breathtaking place in NYC and again you dont have to pay anything. If you want to walk all the way to the Brooklyn side, there's a nice little pizza restaurant you can stop by called "Grimaldi's". Also, a nice little spot called "Brooklyn Promenade" is not far off from the restaurant where a nice panoramic view of Manhattan can be had. If not, you can always just walk halfway and admire the views in the middle of the bridge.

Other musts:
    Empire state building (34th st around Madison Avenue)

Central Park (starting from 59th up to 110th st)

South Street Seaport + Ground Zero 9/11 (Lower Manhattan; somewhat near where the Ellis island boats dock)

Museums; Metropolitan museum of art & American Museum of Natural History (both of which are around the upper west side of Manhattan)

Rockefeller Plaza

Times Square (of course)

Roosevelt Island Tram (only costs as much as a single subway ride)

All of the links for these are just a google away. Also, I'm sure that if you just enter the keyword "nyc attractions" in google, you'll receive plenty of suggestions. I only suggested those attractions that are free or very cheap except probably the Empire State Building. Since you're gonna be taking the subway to get around, I would suggest acquiring a subway map the soonest you get there and study it carefully.

This is only the tip of the iceberg as far as the things you can do at NYC. If you have any more detailed questions, feel free to ask me.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Wow brilliant post. Thanks!! Of course, we only have 4 days, so we couldn't possibly shove every single attraction into that short period of time. Rather, I'm trying to fill it with the best and not too much expensive things to do

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Wow brilliant post. Thanks!! Of course, we only have 4 days, so we couldn't possibly shove every single attraction into that short period of time. Rather, I'm trying to fill it with the best and not too much expensive things to do
    You must go to Times Square. You must fit that in. Go during the day and night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast