Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pls help!! regarding utorrent.

KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    if you really want good fw so i think you should try outpost fw.. but i think your speed is correct and you have what you should have with this connection..

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    Put uTorrent and its port in your firewall's exception list...
    No need since he's set MaCrappy to let µtorrent do whatever it likes.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa View Post
    ...cant it work without turning of the firewall?
    Yes but if you turn off the firewall and your speeds increase then you'll know that's the problem and you can then either track down the problem in ZA or change to another firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by svk69 View Post
    ZoneAlarm Firewall dont use that use xp firewall and u safe lool
    way betta firewall well frm me
    Bad advice. Please don't do that again.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Get a router. I don't bother with software firewalls. They are so agressive and slow traffic a lot and many times can be a pain to configure certain programs with them.

I just have the XP firewall enabled and my router firewall and that's all I need.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    guys, i have tried shuttingshown ZA but it was of no use, so i changed it to sygate, n still the same.

can anyone tell how to optimise sygate for utorrent?

pls.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    guys, i have tried shuttingshown ZA but it was of no use, so i changed it to sygate, n still the same.

can anyone tell how to optimise sygate for utorrent?

pls.
    all i did for mine (using utorrent) is tell it to allow the program to access the internet, and i was done..... (and i accomplished this by first installing the firewall, then starting utorrent and a screen popped up and asked me if i wanted to allow it access, i chose yes....done)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ashwa.....READ! http://www.bootstrike.com/Articles/B...ide/index.html

Important>>> you must download the Patched TCPIP.sys file..this will allow you to make more connections thus a Higher speed (u will prob get speeds of 150-180 on a decently seeded torrent) than u are getting at the mo...

hope it helped

Neo

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    heyyyyyyyy...looks like that site will help... lemme give it a try...will let u know the result in a while...seems this will help for sure.

thanks.

seems i just cant configure anything about my utorrent

tried to download that tcpip.sys patch by going to that site but my explorer kept saying "

Cannot find "www.lvllord.de"

DNS Error - Server cannot be found

"

even tried it in firefox & avant but both said the same

is that site forbidden or something like that...just when i thought i can get a hold of things this error comes up

any sugesstion ppl? from where else i can download that tcpip.sys patch or anyways to get rid of this DNS servor cannot be found error?
    Last edited by ashwa; 07-28-2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Arrow

hello, after being disappointed by the utorrent forum i came here looking for solution, pls help me.

i am having winxp professional as my os, with cabel net connection with lan card, no router, with zonealarm as my firewall, n avast as my antivirus.

i have 256kbps connection but my download speed is onl 30-40kbps

i am unable to configure the correct port to turn the yellow light green. what to do? i tried everyting in zonelarm but invain.

pls help, how to configure utorrent to get max download speed n turn that bloddy yellow light green

pls solve my query,

regards.
    OFF-Topic: Check your mail

ON-Topic: I believe that you are maxing out your connection.. please check your subscription manual if it is kbps - or kBps...

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    thanks for all ur inputs n ur efforts to solve my problem...very happy to inform that the problem is solved in a way..

i mean i have configured utorrent to full speed irrespestive of the yellow light turning green.

one of my frend provided me with a link for patching tcpip.sys...well could open the related link...but that page was worth it.

here is its
    link. http://www.bootstrike.com/Articles/B...ide/index.html

well i found another rocking piece of software that helps u patch tcpip.sys n open the connection to max..

here is its link...reading both topic up above one n this one will help u configure utorrent to max.

here is the 2nd link
    http://sharethefiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33860

download the xp-antispy software recommended in that site.

i here close this thread.

thanks all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123