Thread: Please God Help Me! Huge Bittorrent Problem!

Poster
    I tried to get Jedi Knight 2 off BT, it made a folder and automatically reserved the space, it did about 1% before I decided to cancel it...Then I went and deleted the folder, and all the files, and I didn't get my space back! 700 Megs missing! I don't know what to do! I've done scandisks and everything... Then I went and tried to see the problem and began Downloading Warcraft 3, I looked in the folder it reserved, there were about 20 rar files, and it took 500 megs off my HD, but when I look at properties of that folder, it says 0 bytes, resumed the file and then after it did 1% I deleted it cuz it told me the folder was 500 megs, which was correct, I got those 500 megs back... I can't resume the Jedi Knight 2 one, becaues I deleted the folder and didn't get the space back! PLEASE GOD HELP ME! almost a gig has gone missing and I it them back!
    Please help me !
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    dont be slack!

Do a search for large files using the search function in windows.

Did you empty the rubbish bin?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@23 June 2003 - 00:06
    I tried to get Jedi Knight 2 off BT, it made a folder and automatically reserved the space, it did about 1% before I decided to cancel it...Then I went and deleted the folder, and all the files, and I didn't get my space back! 700 Megs missing! I don't know what to do! I've done scandisks and everything... Then I went and tried to see the problem and began Downloading Warcraft 3, I looked in the folder it reserved, there were about 20 rar files, and it took 500 megs off my HD, but when I look at properties of that folder, it says 0 bytes, resumed the file and then after it did 1% I deleted it cuz it told me the folder was 500 megs, which was correct, I got those 500 megs back... I can't resume the Jedi Knight 2 one, becaues I deleted the folder and didn't get the space back! PLEASE GOD HELP ME! almost a gig has gone missing and I it them back!
    Please help me !
    For godsake calm down.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Bittorrent makes a file (where you decided you wanted it) the WHOLE file size of the download !
    Sort by size or something to locate it !! then lob it in the bin.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    i'll bet €20 it's still in the recycle bin...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jonne@27 June 2003 - 09:14
    i'll bet €20 it's still in the recycle bin...
    Yeah he's probably got a norton protected recycle bin and didn't purge the files.

If not try using norton systemworks to clean out your system. I imagine you tried defragmenting, that may help. Otherwise its only a gig so i wouldn't worry too much. If you really want it back so bad you can just reformat your computer.