Thread: I need some help with "Unconnectable issue"

Yankoff's Avatar Music Lover BT Rep: +1
    I wanted to ask, is there any way that a user with a dynamic and a rooter hidden somewhere by the ISP (regard it as unknown) to forward a port, so that he can be connectable? And of course if yes,how Using uTorrent, Windows, McAfee....

It's just soooo hard to upload even though I'm seeding 24/7 it's really hard to gain a good ratio in any site....

Thanks for the answer preliminary. Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I've had issues being connectable and just gave up...I was at one time and then all of a sudden I wasn't. I still can seed w/o problem and max out my upload speed...Funny thing is some sites say I am and others not..

I find if I'm on a torrent in which i see a bunch of seedboxes listed in the peer list. i get pushed out by there speeds...That could be part of your problem.

Have you tried going here ?

http://portforward.com/
    Last edited by phrenzy; 07-25-2007 at 07:17 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The thing is that all sites list me as not connectable (or stupid, in OiNK ).
    To reach a good upload i have to be on 24/7....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Add torrent client to your firewall exeption list

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Put uTorrent and its port in your firewall's exception list...

And in uTorrent - it doesn't turn green right away... With me, that light turns yellow first then it gradually turns green.

http://paperkingdoms.wordpress.com/2006/08/22/utorrent-speed-problems
    http://paperkingdoms.wordpress.com/2006/08/17/setting-up-utorrent-for-optimum-performance-part-2

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    So, I'm asking here, because nothing else helps. Of course I have put uTorrent, and even the port I am using in the McAfee exception list, giving them full access....

And mine is red 70-80% of the time and turns yellow from time to time, but never green...

Hm....anyone?
    Last edited by Yankoff; 07-25-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Routers are different but on my router it has an applications section.

I just open the port I'm using on the client for UDP and TCP and then just download a torrent from the tracker and it fixes the not connectable issue. Also http://portforward.com/ shows the port as open after I do this. Sometimes if you have it already open. Just delete the entry and re create it.

BTW this is not under firewall is under port forwarding in the router settings.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    try this link to see what your ports are open.. when you click on link then click on second word Continue and then click on all service ports.. this should show you ports which are open.. but only first 1056 TCP ports..