Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good replacement client for UTorrent?

I am a longtime UTorrent user. I switched previously from Azureus and I loved UTorrent because it used far fewer sources and didn't slow down my PC (unless I was ULing too fast or the UL and DL speeds were both maxxing out.)

Until recently I was very happy with UT 1.61. Sometime after the update to 1.7 came out, (maybe a coincidence) it's speeds have really decreased. There is another thread below detailing that.

I haven't been able to get it DLing or ULing at the speeds I had before, and am thinking of trying another client. I'd like to use 1.7, but I've already gotten PMs from some private torrent sites that are considering banning the client and suggest NOT to update from 1.61.

What's a good alternative to UTorrent? I want to use the same ports, etc. an have low resource usage, and of course high speeds.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Not many Trackers "accept" other Torrent 's Client, did U consider that, before switchung?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Why don't you just go back to 1.6 thats what I did

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=utorrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Going back to 1.6 would be a positive choice. You've already familiarized yourself with it and furthermore, some trackers ban other clients that you've been considering to switch to.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sorry, guess I wasn't clear... I never updated. I'm still using 1.61, but since about a week ago (around the same time UTorrent gave me an update pop-up) the speeds have greatly decreased. I don't think there's been a global slow down in bittorrent speeds have there? My UTorrent client just suddenly stopped downloading any faster than 100kB.

I have encryption enabled and all the other settings are the same way they used to be. My download speeds (total speed of ALL torrents) has decreased to a total of 100kB no matter how many are downloading. I've detailed the problem in a thread down the page.

I'm considering Bitcomet. Doesn't seem to be banned by any of the private trackers I use, and it's supposed to be light on resources. As light as UTorrent? I want to try SOMETHING to see if my UTorrent is the problem.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    My speeds are fine so it's definitely not a global slow down Maybe your ISP just decided to limit p2p speeds (encryption will only work if all peers have it enabled) you should go back to Azureus download some of the same torrents and see if it's still slow.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I'm pretty sure alot of people ban bitcomet from connecting to there clients, I know I did when I use to use azuarues, I havent worked out how to do such things in utorrent, but anyway yeah I'm sure bitcomet has a bad reputation but I could be wrong and confusing it with something else.
    Rent this space

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    dcliffnotes's Avatar AmericanPinoyGuammie BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    id say stick with utorrent. i think its lighter on resources compared to when i used bitcomet about a year ago. bitcomet may improved, but is banned in some trackers. i think azureus is good too, but never tried it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Do you know if you have limited or unlimited bandwidth on your ISP?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes bitcomet is banned in a lot of tracker. For example oink, blackcats-games and etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast