Thread: About Schmidt

ok, heres the question.

i just recently downloaded this movie but while i play it, it will pause about every 8-10 minutes. now, i know that i can just move the cursor a little bit further ahead but that doesnt solve the problem. the picture freezes and after i move the cursor, the picture stays but i hear the audio. the only way around this problem is for me to re-open the avi file but that means that it would have to do this multiple times.....

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by Reggies19@23 June 2003 - 04:58
    ok, heres the question.

i just recently downloaded this movie but while i play it, it will pause about every 8-10 minutes. now, i know that i can just move the cursor a little bit further ahead but that doesnt solve the problem. the picture freezes and after i move the cursor, the picture stays but i hear the audio. the only way around this problem is for me to re-open the avi file but that means that it would have to do this multiple times.....

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    There are a lot of bad copies of this file, especially part 2. You should use avi preview to test the partial download. I did manage to get a good-quality copy eventually, but I've deleted it now so I can't remember what file name it was exactly. I remember it was in 2 parts and both parts were around 700 mb, probably the xvid.sph.avi

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    thats the one i got, the movie is fine..it just keeps pausing every 10 minutes like in the two towers screener at the begging of the movie

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    In fact, the first part I watched was the TMD file, not great quality but it played fine. The TMD Part2 was unwatchable, the picture kept freezing while the sound continued. Like I said, I'm not sure that the xvid.sph.avi was the one I finally found that worked, it might have been another file. Make sure you have all the necessary codecs installed (try the Kazaa Codec pack) and if you can play other movies ok, then you know it's the file that is the problem. Or maybe try closing any programs running in the background (I'm no computer genius, but it might help???) The only other thing I can suggest is to download another file until you find one that works.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I don't know if it could be a factor but have you tried different players?
    I had the exactly same problems watching Igby Goes Down on the RealOnePlayer. When I switched to WMP it was OK.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I've just DL'd those About Schmidt files and had the same problem. I sorted it out by downloading the DirectShowPack from:

http://www.eclipsedvd.firstream.net/FILES/...k/DShowPack.exe

,,,,,installing it, then restarting the computer and playing the movie in WMP. Instead of freezing it plays through the rougth bits where some of the frames are a bit messed up (although it may well be something different). Installing the above codec means AC3 filters can be added which, in my case, GSpot showed was missing for me to play the movie.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    thanks man!