Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those Of You Who Have No Files To Share.

Poster
    Yea, thats the way i normally get rid of leechers but the problem is sometimes they block you from seeing their files for "privacy reasons" . Anyway around that?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    @ Scorpio - I think that the developers of this program may just know a little bit more than you about the spirit of filesharing. They decided to put that in, I dunno why, I could guess but I don't wanna be wrong. Anyways I am sharing right now 80 Gigs, I leave that checked. Also for those of you that do check uploaders - how often do you get no results, because i never get any.

Bottom line who cares if people 'leech' it is not that bad on here in truth, I mean anyone ever used filetopia, that is leeching (3000 users, 8 gigs shared)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by theprisoner@25 June 2003 - 03:58
    Yea, thats the way i normally get rid of leechers but the problem is sometimes they block you from seeing their files for "privacy reasons" . Anyway around that?
    First of All, If they are blocking their files because of privacy reasons too bad, this is a filesharing program, seems there is alot of people who don't get the meaning of that. I look at it like this, If they are going to have the nerve to get on Kazaa, for example, then hid their files for (privacy reasons) because they are concerned about people seeing what they have, they really have no business on a filesharing program then in the first place, right??????

Come On People, This is a FILESHARING PROGRAM

IF YOU HAVE NO FILES TO SHARE, THEN YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE CANCELLED.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Damn, I was trying to stay away from posting in the thread, but damn noobies. Sh*t.

First of All, If they are blocking their files because of privacy reasons too bad, this is a filesharing program, seems there is alot of people who don't get the meaning of that.
    Too Bad, there seems to be one person who dosen't understand that hiding your files with the privacy patch dosen't mean you arn't sharing your files.

Come On People, This is a FILESHARING PROGRAM
    ...and that is exactly what people using the privacy patch are doing, SHARING FILES.

IF YOU HAVE NO FILES TO SHARE, THEN YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE CANCELLED.
    Might as well add that to your sig. So you won't have to be typing that over and over again.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 05:35
    First of All, If they are blocking their files because of privacy reasons too bad, this is a filesharing program, seems there is alot of people who don't get the meaning of that. I look at it like this, If they are going to have the nerve to get on Kazaa, for example, then hid their files for (privacy reasons) because they are concerned about people seeing what they have, they really have no business on a filesharing program then in the first place, right??????
    Retard, I hope you get a cancellation letter from your ISP. That's why I use the privacy patch because I don't want to get one, and if I do you won't be able download from me, now will you.

So STFU already and get a life or continue your "cancelling crusade" untill your mother tells you to shut that f**king computer off and go to bed.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 01:19
    This is for all of you who are not sharing any files on kazaa, and claim to be a k-lite master, etc. I'm sure you have all heard from them, they all try to upload from you, but in return they are not actually sharing any files.
    Just a note to you, You will be cancelled if you try to upload from me, and I also
    suggest that everyone checks the people who are uploading from you, check to see
    if they have files to share, If not, cancel them, it's that simple.
    Although I admire your sense of right and wrong, you really are wasting your time.

Pretty soon you're going to get bored of this.

If the guy you are cancelling is using an automatic "find more sources" tool, he will automatically reconnect to you every 5 seconds or so, what are you going to do then?

You could use your firewall to block his IP address, but then what if he has a dynamic IP address, then tomorrow he will come along again with a new IP address and start uploading from you again..

So what do you do? eventually, you will have a huge amount of IP addresses you refuse to share with, but what about the hoards innocent kazaa users who may have found themselves using those IP addresses, want to upload from you, but can't, because you've tried to block previous users of their IP's?

Now who's not sharing, now who's a leecher...

It's not worth the trouble my friend, you might as well just live with the fact that not all people share...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by scorpio67+25 June 2003 - 02:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scorpio67 &#064; 25 June 2003 - 02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jay973@25 June 2003 - 02:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-scorpio67
    @25 June 2003 - 03:20
    To me, if a person turns off the ability to share, they are not sharing,

They are not turning off the ability to share.If you search for a file that they have then their file will be displayed and available for download.The privacy thing just turns off the ability to search ALL their files at once.This has benefits in circumstances such as officials searching your shared folders and has no impact on normal users who search for files amongst the general population.I.E using the search function to search EVERYBODYS files for a specific file that they want.
    Hope this is now clearer.
    I do a search on the user, and if it turns out they have no files, they will not show up then they are cancelled, I hope this is clearer

NO FILES TO SHARE, NO UPLOAD.
    YOU WILL BE CANCELLED. [/b][/quote]
    So do you mean that you sit at the computer all day cutting people off who you think are not sharing? instead of a life?

I think you are in denail here the privacy option does not stop sharing it only stops people listing the files they have, you can STILL find those thought general searching or even better using verefieds, THE OPTION WAS PUT THERE TO STOP GROUPS LIKE RIAA AND IT&#39;S MOVIE EQUIEIVENT FROM LISTING PEOPLES FILES AND PUTING THAT AGAIST YOUR NAME FOR WHICH YOU CAN GET INTO MAJOR TROUBLE, IF YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A DREAMLAND FINE, FOR PEOPLE WITH MORE INSIGHT WE CHOOSE TO USE THE PRIVACY OPTION

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    DVD PIRATE
    Originally posted by scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 01:19
    This is for all of you who are not sharing any files on kazaa, and claim to be a k-lite master, etc. I&#39;m sure you have all heard from them, they all try to upload from you, but in return they are not actually sharing any files.
    Just a note to you, You will be cancelled if you try to upload from me, and I also
    suggest that everyone checks the people who are uploading from you, check to see
    if they have files to share, If not, cancel them, it&#39;s that simple.
    OMFG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; wot a complete moron...lol.thisguy needs to get out and find himselfa life&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;he obviously has nothing better to do if all he does is sit at his comp right clicking an cancelling up loads.wot a fool... Nominee for fagg of the year is won by you hands down moron...lol

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    -_-

Do what you want, stop posting the same thing over & over again, maybe someone should make a subworld about how I&#39;m not sharing to leechers... really nobody cares.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I swear, ISPs need to do a stupid check before they let people connect to the internet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast