Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those Of You Who Have No Files To Share.

This has got to be a wind up - no one can be that stupid.

Can they ?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by scorpio67+24 June 2003 - 21:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scorpio67 &#064; 24 June 2003 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-jay973@25 June 2003 - 01:21
    How would you know if they have the privacy patch installed??
    Nobody should cancel,its not in the spirit of these things.
    It&#39;s not exactlly in the spirit to be on Kazaa and have no files to share either, that is what this program is all about right. think about it, if no one has any files to share, then It really wouldn&#39;t be considered a p2p program right.???
    And I will cancel anyone who does not have any files to share, it&#39;s that simple.
    Pretty self explanitory if you ask me.

HAVE FILES TO SHARE OR BE CANCELLED.[/b][/quote]
    I thought this explanation was pretty "self expanatory"

Anybody that displays their media file list these days, with everything thats going on today with filesharing in my opinion,is taking a very unreasonable and unnecessary risk. I guess that I&#39;ll be doing without your files..thanks anyway

btw: I have better things to do with my time than sitting at my computer taking wild guesses at who MAY or MAY NOT be sharing,since there is NO WAY to tell the difference. Since this has already been explained to you..I&#39;m "guessing" that maybe you have another agenda.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by velcrom@25 June 2003 - 09:38
    This has got to be a wind up - no one can be that stupid.

Can they ?&nbsp;
    I would really hate to think so.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@25 June 2003 - 01:52
    Retard, I hope you get a cancellation letter from your ISP. That&#39;s why I use the privacy patch because I don&#39;t want to get one, and if I do you won&#39;t be able download from me, now will you.
    It&#39;s worth mentioning that if the copyright cops are looking for filenames using any method OTHER than listing your files the privacy patch will offer NO protection at all.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by Switeck@25 June 2003 - 17:32
    It&#39;s worth mentioning that if the copyright cops are looking for filenames using any method OTHER than listing your files the privacy patch will offer NO protection at all.
    True.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by REALITY+25 June 2003 - 06:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 25 June 2003 - 06:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 05:35
    First of All, If they are blocking their files because of privacy reasons too bad, this is a filesharing program, seems there is alot of people who don&#39;t get the meaning of that. I look at it like this, If they are going to have the nerve to get on Kazaa, for example, then hid their files for (privacy reasons) because they are concerned about people seeing what they have, they really have no business on a filesharing program then in the first place, right??????
    Retard, I hope you get a cancellation letter from your ISP. That&#39;s why I use the privacy patch because I don&#39;t want to get one, and if I do you won&#39;t be able download from me, now will you.

So STFU already and get a life or continue your "cancelling crusade" untill your mother tells you to shut that f**king computer off and go to bed. [/b][/quote]
    You sound like you are really intelligent???????

furthermore, why would I get a cancellation letter from my isp??????

I made the post because of people who try to upload from me, and in return, if I try to get something from them, they don&#39;t have anything to offer, for what ever reason, they either hide what they are sharing, which makes no sense to me anyway, face it, if you don&#39;t want to share files, then why in the hell get on a filesharing program in the first place???

All I am saying is, that if at anytime, I notice someone who is trying to upload from me and I want to check that user to see if they have any files to share, and it turns out that they don&#39;t, I will cancel them it&#39;s that simple, they are wanting to get something that I have without wanting to give anything in return?????

It&#39;s not like they couldn&#39;t upload from someone else anyway, there are over 4 million people on Kazaa, maybe what I&#39;ll do is just send them to you since it doesn&#39;t seem to bother you. would you like that?????

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by scorpio67@25 June 2003 - 20:42
    You sound like you are really intelligent???????

someone who is trying to upload from me
    you know, it really annoys me when people use this forum to try and bellitle people, coming on and saying they&#39;re stupid (unless of course, i&#39;m the one making the accusations )

if people decide to use the privacy patch, it&#39;s up to them

if you decide to cut people off, it&#39;s up to you

simple as that, stop the arguments.

p.s. to explain the second portion of my quote, people do not "upload from" you, they "download from" you, or you "upload to" them

please get the terminology correct

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    You COULD get a cancellation notice, or rather a demand to cease the distribution of certain files, from your ISP, if an agent of the coyright owner notifies them of the media you are distributing.

when news such as this is read by some, they do worry. Some panic and quit sharing or quit using P2P altogether - which is the intended effect of such a news release.

Oh and it&#39;s worth noting that Kazaalite software of any source is not 100% perfect - mainly because of the fast track protocol itself. Sometimes the search more from this user does not return results, until a "2nd pass" search. Meanwhile, some who have no idea of the way things work shout and swear "F*** leeching B*****" and cut off a user sharing plenty of good stuff.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by I.am@25 June 2003 - 05:52
    Yeah why to start two topics on the same concept. You still don&#39;t get the idea of privacy patch do you. And on your previous post Satan and Jay973 explained it well. I don&#39;t know why you are still whining about the whole thing. I agree one should really share and thats how the whole kazaa concept is based on. But for a second stop and try to understand what exactly is being said about the Privacy patch.
    First of All, the second post was a misprint, I hit the post new topic once to many times, sorry, I guess you have never in you life time made any mistakes.????

and as far as the whole privacy patch thing goes, If it is privacy that you are asking for, why are you on Kazaa, this is a filesharing program, right?????

I think that when people get on Kazaa, they have a my shared folder, if they don&#39;t want people to see all the files they have on their computer, don&#39;t put it in the my shared folder then.

If people try to upload from me and have no files to share, they are considered to be a leech, and they will be cancelled.

I only cancel those certain few who try to upload from me, and have no files to share in return, I have that right, and so does everyone else who don&#39;t want a bunch of leeches uploading from them.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I&#39;ve been reading your two topics ( yes, even the one you didn&#39;t really want to make... the one I&#39;m replying to, actually ) and I have the strange feeling that you don&#39;t even read the replies that people gave you and keep repeating over and over again the stuff you said in your first post... Now, do as you please about those you ( wrongly ) consider to be leeches but please stop bragging about it, will you?

As for the other members of the board, please let this thread die out, that&#39;ll save us all precious time...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast