Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Book 5 Discussion

yal didn't like book 5? hmm i actually thought it was pretty good

2. Lounge   -   #72
    i agree with majority. i think the 5th book really sucked. nothing big actually happened in it. instead u should read these sequels to the 4th book: http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Barb/

those were MUCH better than the real 5th book. for ppl who already read the real 5th book, keep in mind that this is the continuation of the fourth book, NOT fifth, so u mite be a little confused bout some parts.

describition of:
    Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent by Barb (33)
    In Harry’s fifth year he gets a snake with the Sight. Hermione's torn between Ron and Harry, who’s torn between her and Ginny, who's torn between him and Draco Malfoy, who's torn between her and loyalty to his father. Plus: a Prophecy, Animagus training, a Dueling Club, Snape's Penseive, kilts, giants, house elf liberation and more!

Harry Potter and the Time of Good Intentions by Barb (21)
    During his fifth year, Trelawney did a Tarot reading for Harry. She told him he would have to make a choice that could "change the world as we know it." At the beginning of his sixth year, Harry chooses, and the world does change. Does it change for the better? If he wants, can Harry change it back? Or is giving Harry exactly what he wants Voldemort's ultimate revenge? The sequel to Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent.

Harry Potter and the Triangle Prophecy by Barb (25) new
    Harry's 7th and final year of school. In a time of uncertainty, the Muggle world has found a source of comfort and stability. Only Harry suspects that it isn't safe. Wizards are more concerned about themselves than Muggles since Voldemort's return, but are only Muggles at risk? Will anyone listen to Harry? He must decide whether to make a sacrifice that will change him--and the wizarding world-- forever.

WARNING: these books are extremely long (the first one is bout 300pages longer than the actual 5th book) and at times extremely hard to stop. dont say that i didn't warn u

3. Lounge   -   #73
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Stop posting fake shit, this is book 5 discussion.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    I think that the reason each book is getting longer and deeper is that JK is growing as a writer. Remember, the first book was aimed exclusively at kids. In the 1st book the ideas came at you so fast that if you blinked you missed some. In OOTP it builds much more slowly. And you shouldn't be surprised that all the new storylines weren't rolled up in one go- NONE of the books have done that.

I enjoyed the last book, but it did have that 'second in the trilogy' feel to it. As to the archway, I reckon it's a one way trip to the realm of the dead. Nearly Headless Nick never truly passed over, choosing to remain as a ghost instead, that's why he couldn't answer Harry's question. And I think that Sirius IS dead- no lucky escape for him, and no returning from death. I don't think Sirius could be taken any further as a character, especially as Dumbledore reveals his true paternal feelings about Harry at the end.

It's Ron and Hermione for sure- Ginny's had several boyfriends so far, but all Hermione's done is write to Viktor Krum. Ron's oblivious, but I've noticed Hermione always gets what she wants; his days are numbered...

Just a small point Kay2thejay- Lord of the Rings was 3 books, and the're doing a film for each. And they are very cool. (the films- the books are practically unreadable)

Roll on book 6- it should get VERY interesting.

p.s. I am not employed by J.K Rowling.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    this has probably been posted before, but i'm just wondering y hagrid can see thestrals (i'm assuming)...is it because his dad died or something?...yes, i have poor memorization skills

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Originally posted by UserX@22 July 2003 - 02:14
    i agree with majority. i think the 5th book really sucked. nothing big actually happened in it. instead u should read these sequels to the 4th book: http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Barb/

those were MUCH better than the real 5th book.
    they are NOT better than the real book, userx, although i can't argue that they aren't good

7. Lounge   -   #77
    I've read all the books........Hype? No, its an entertaining saga - what most people fail to remember is that these are books for kids & not adults.

The last book was, I agree, not of the best stuff Rowling has written.....I prefer goblet of fire myself. Goblets slightly shorter yet more seems to happen in it??? The death of Sirus kinda peeved me off, as you'e already stated, it seemed he was just thrown away - no explaination or anything. But, maybe thats for further explanation - whats that big doorway anyway - no real answers were given only that sirus is dead, why? Why can't he come back, were does it lead? What is the door doing in the MoM? Does Harry go through it in the next book?

8. Lounge   -   #78
    It's probably some weird passage 2 Voldemort's lair I think this was the best book in the series because she put the most effort into this 1

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Poster
    The fact when Umbridge had him, when he was attempting to contact Sirius in Umbridge's office, with a diversion provided by F & G Weasley and only to realise he could've contacted Snape was kind of dumb, even I realised that was an option when he found out that McGonagall had been taken to St. Mungo's.

But a wonderful book though!

10. Lounge   -   #80
    I thought this was a pretty good book overall, not the best though. One thing that kind of goes along with what Amarjit said is the mirror that Sirius gave him before he left for school. I kept wondering why he was taking such great risks, like breaking into Ubridge's office, when Sirius had instructed him to use it if necessary. It seemed somewhat pointless to even have written that bit in, since he didn't even remember it until sirius was dead(?).

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast