Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Book 5 Discussion

McGee's Avatar Poster
    First off.. Luna has a thing for Ron, not Harry, if you can't tell. And she's stopping at the 7th book, so wtf would it show Harry as the headmaster and Hermione as a teacher and shit? It's quite obvious Harry is going to be an auror if he lives, however, I have a feeling that
    A. Voldemort kills Harry, Dumbledore kills Voldemort.
    or
    B. Voldemort kills Dumbledore, and Harry kills Voldemort.

And, Luna does not seem to have that powerful of magic.. I think Neville is getting much better and will do something important though, such as kill the Lestranges for torturing his parents or something similiar. Luna will be an important part, as she was one of their new "friends" and stuff. Yea.

I also do not believe Sirius is "dead," as he was hit with a RED JET of sparks (Avada Kedavra is green), and he vanished behind the veil so they will not know if he died or not. Also, I think when another person dies who is close to Harry, they will become a ghost and stuff.. >.>

@Sek- True, Sirius was not a MAJOR character, but he was becoming one. I would have rather had Arthur Weasley die, but that's just me.

About Grawp, I don't think he is going to persuade other giants to join Dumbledore, as he's around 16 feet tall. I think Hagrid is going to find him a wife, and they are going to live in the Forbidden Forest and "breed" giants to fight for their cause, or take over the other Giant tribe, or something.. Yea, I don't remember all that was said so far, but I tried to reply to all the major things.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Hi,guys. I just finish the Last book,I read it from the web.Thanks to the guy who put the links.

Sirius's death was very bad.I thought He will fight Lord Voldemort and die trying but killed by one of his Death Eater??mmmmmm...

Cho suks,i like better Hermione.And luna it's a very good character,kind of strange but ok.

Nevile will kill the Lestrange or dye trying.Ginny,mm,I don't know,I prefered when she was in love of Harry,that was kind of funny.

Ron,i prefer Wood for the Keepeer.

I hope that the DA class continue but in an open way,all the school under the Harry's command.

Hagrid's brother,mmm, I think that is a very bad idea.Dumbledore will not die...and Is is true that Harry will die??i hope not.

Sorry if you don't understand me,my english sucks.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by McGee@6 July 2003 - 23:15
    I also do not believe Sirius is "dead," as he was hit with a RED JET of sparks (Avada Kedavra is green), and he vanished behind the veil so they will not know if he died or not. Also, I think when another person dies who is close to Harry, they will become a ghost and stuff.. >.>
    Don't forget that Voldemort knows how to make new spells...
    But i hope he is not dead.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    I am on page 10

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by scribblec@6 July 2003 - 21:04
    also i cant beileive u read the book online
    just buy it man only cost me 11 quid
    I read it online because here in Argentina,It's a very bad time.One dollar has the same value like 3 pesos.So if you come here, you will buy all kind of stuff...whit almost nothing.Like Phoebe Buffay said,you will buy human parts...

and,Sirius chose not to be a ghost,like Nick.

see ya...

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Originally posted by McGee@7 July 2003 - 00:15

or
    it can't b A, b/c harry is the only one that has the power to eliminate voldemort for good, remember the prophecy? it prolly will b B, b/c Dumboredore is getting a bit outdated... (in term of age)

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Originally posted by 123+7 July 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (123 @ 7 July 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-McGee@7 July 2003 - 00:15

or
    it can&#39;t b A, b/c harry is the only one that has the power to eliminate voldemort for good, remember the prophecy? it prolly will b B, b/c Dumboredore is getting a bit outdated... (in term of age) [/b][/quote]
    also, dumbledore dieing would be a great climactic point
    in the end.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Just finished Book 5 the other day. Dont bother reading this if you havent read the book yet or you&#39;ll find out things that might spoil your story.

I have to agree that I also saw Luna as taking a fancy to Ron rather than Harry. Perhaps Rawlings is developing this new character as a counter to the Ron/Hermione relationship. The popular belief is that Hermione should pair off with Harry so perhaps she (Rawlings) has brought Luna in to counterballance the relationship that Ron and Hermione are having so that either she CAN pair off Harry and Hermione or simply to muddy an obvious Ron and Hermione match up.

The death was rather dissapointing to me. I&#39;d seen news clips mentioning that a "main character" would die in this book and that Rawlings reported that she cried during the writing of it. As a result I noticed that there are quite a few suggested deaths in this book. First we see a dead Ron, then we see Mr. Weasly appears to have been the one, then theres the missing Hagrid to make us consider him, McGonigal getting blasted, then the sham with Sirius being kidnapped to lure in Harry, which in turn leads to the real "death" of his godfather.

But that portal/door/frame/archway/thingy is a bit unconvincing. No holler, no scream, no nothing - he&#39;s just gone. I&#39;m wondering if we wont being seeing Sirius again later on. I thought it awful funny that the true nature of the archway was never discussed. We dont know what it is or why its there. Seems to me that the first thing someone would ask is "What the hell is that?". Every other item they encountered in the Mysteries Dept got a description of what it was. There was no information to indicate if Sirius&#39;s body was destroyed, if he went to an alternate world, if he was transported to some level of hell - nothing. We hear some wisperings and Harry gets the feeling that someone is simply standing behind the viel. That&#39;s it. Were I in Harry&#39;s place I&#39;d be asking alot of questions and if the answers werent satisfying to me I&#39;d be launching an expedition to retrieve my godfather.

I must say, the development of the Fred and George has been quite pleasurabe - especially their marked exiting of Hogwart&#39;s

I was quite dissapointed with Cho. I wasnt keen on seeing Harry and Cho form a permanant relationship (I&#39;m in with the Harry n Hermione crowd), but for her to be such a jealous crybaby was a real suprise. The whole "jealous of Hermione" thing got old fast. Their relationship hadnt developed that far along and they were still sorting out their issues of Cedric. Cho comes off in this book as the psycho bitch from hell that Harry is well better off in doing without.

Grawp. Alot of things can stem from this - however, I wont put too much stock into it as yet. We had the episode with Aragon in the 2nd book and then nothing from that direction since. I can see some possibilities here tho - Grawp beginning a new tribe in the forbidden forrest (if Hagrid manages to lure in a mate for him) that would have the potential of being accepted by the wizarding community at some point in the future (beyond the scope of the series).

Perhaps Grawp will simply be a bit of muscle available in the fight against Voldemort? Or maybe he&#39;ll get pissed at Hagrid and thump him hard enough in the head to make Hagrid realize that not all creatures are cudly and cute.

Neville. I wonder here - wouldnt it be a real hoot if Neville is the REAL hero and Harry is just the distraction? I mean c&#39;mon, Neville shows more restraint and maturity than Harry ever has. Both boys could fit into the role of the prophesy. Dumbledore has ruled out Neville because the prophesy mentions that Voldemort would scar the one that would bring him down (Thus harries lightning bolt scar), but isnt Neville still scarred in a sense? Both his parents driven mad by Voldemort (well, ok, by Sirius&#39;s cousin, but indirectly it was done by Voldey). So in my eyes both boys still fall under the descriptions of the prophecy.

My wife argued that if this were so then Harry wouldnt have been able to pick up the prophecy orb, but I have to point out that the prophecy was magicked into that orb by Dumbledor under the impression that Harry was to be the recipient - he could just as easily have done it for Neville. Anyway, just something to consider

I guess my biggest dissapointment with this book is so many pages - but what really happened? Hogwart&#39;s was invaded by the ministry (but eventually recovers from this), Harry passed his O.W.L.s, Fred and George dropped out and started their own shop, We find out that "The Order of the Phoenix" exists to combat Voldemort, and Sirius dies. I guess you could say there are a few more character introduction/developments, but really - do we need all these pages to learn this stuff? It just felt like it was a whole lot of stuffing for very little meat.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Originally posted by Passerby@8 July 2003 - 13:09
    Neville. I wonder here - wouldnt it be a real hoot if Neville is the REAL hero and Harry is just the distraction?
    i thought about that, too, b/c y would rowling put the fact that there were 2 ppl that can fit in w/ the prophecy

10. Lounge   -   #50
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Hmmmm....I think Neville will certainly help....dunno if he will be the real hero tho - I mean, he may die helping Harry or something....

@Passerby - WOW&#33;&#33;&#33; I finfished the book and said "cool - wonder when no.6 is coming out&#33;"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast