Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Springer

Poster
    Jerry Springer is thinking of running for the US Senate.
    I think he could inject into the Senate some of the skills he's learned doing his show.
    Form of debate in the Senate could be settled in the Jerry Spriger way and we the people will shout Jerry, Jerry, Jerry

You know him, but do you love him?
    Would you vote for him?

My only question is, What will Steve do?

A couple of entertaining links
    Run Jerry Run.Com
    Steve's Website
    For those who don't know Jerry: Springer Show Website

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    WTF???

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Mr. Springer no doubt wishes to capitalize on the forgiving nature of the American people.

When he was the mayor of Cincinnati in the 70s, he left office under a cloud of scandal; so he has the kind of experience that begs a "second-chance".

Besides, he has no longer has a TV show and his tape sales are lagging; what's a
    poor guy with bills to do? Get a real job?

Funny: The "debate" panels he will no doubt take part in on the campaign trail bear a resemblance in format to the old "Jerry Springer Show"; I'm sure he could provide some devisive topics, a film crew and some bouncers....sounds like a rebirth to me!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@25 June 2003 - 07:28

When he was the mayor of Cincinnati in the 70s, he left office under a cloud of scandal; so he has the kind of experience that begs a "second-chance".

j2,
    The experience that to you "begs a second chance", Mr. Springer no doubt considers "pre-qualification".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by clocker+25 June 2003 - 08:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 June 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@25 June 2003 - 07:28

j2,
    The experience that to you "begs a second chance", Mr. Springer no doubt considers "pre-qualification". [/b][/quote]
    Just so; it is written thus in the new book "NewPolitik", a tome ghost-written for Hillary "Rob &#39;em" Clinton by Eleanor Roosevelt.

It states: "Elected office shall henceforth be regarded as a territory reserved for the unconvicted felon. Convicted felons may also run for office, but only after serving a &#39;one-term&#39; inactive period (office to be chosen by the felon). In order to mitigate this period of suffering to the greatest extent possible, carpetbagging is keenly encouraged."
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I&#39;m shocked that any of you would not be fully supporting Jerry&#33; He is, after all, a Repub.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Does this mean he&#39;d pay people to have fights at the senate hearings, to increase the interest?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by angellynn26@25 June 2003 - 16:47
    I&#39;m shocked that any of you would not be fully supporting Jerry&#33; He is, after all, a Repub.

In name only.

He also holds a "Geraldo Rivera Fan Club"-charter member credential, circa 1977.

Labels should be used with caution.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    I suppose if he could get them to air their dirty washing in (re)public then that may be interesting.

All the fraudsters one week, then the bankrupts, the drunken drivers the next and the serial shaggers for the season finale. It would be interesting to see if anyone appeared on every show.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by JPaul@26 June 2003 - 15:30
    I suppose if he could get them to air their dirty washing in (re)public then that may be interesting.

All the fraudsters one week, then the bankrupts, the drunken drivers the next and the serial shaggers for the season finale. It would be interesting to see if anyone appeared on every show.
    B)

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast