Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wwe

i guess u can consider wrestling a sport, so who watches it?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    I do. Though it is pretty dire at the moment, the only wrestlers who interest me are CM Punk and Kennedy.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by boredesiboy View Post
    i guess u can consider wrestling a sport, so who watches it?
    It's not a sport whatsoever. The action is mostly choreographed, the outcomes are rigged, and no competition is involved.

I use to watch it faithfully back in the 80's and went to many matches. I do see how it is highly entertaining to many people.

I just don't have time to watch it in the pecking order of all the great shows that come on TV (plus NFL football, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, etc.)

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i agree with BM, its no fun at all these days, i guess back in the days we didn't knew it was all drama so we didn't knew what will be outcome of a match but these days everything is so repeated that before match is even announced a adult can figure out whom between a match will be and what will happen during it and who will finally win.
    i still download them but from open tracker to avoid ruing my ratio on private trackers, but i finish out the 1 hr show in only 10 min, i skip through the entire show, as i said their so repeated stuff.
    i guess not having a competition among wrestling bushiness is causing all of this. back in WCW days there was lots creativity, and "superstars" these don't have that charisma which previous people had.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I used to watch it back in the day. Now a days it's just utter stupidity.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Now a days it's just utter stupidity.
    Yeah, you're too sophisticated for wrastlin'.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I watch it, and yer it isnt as good as it was in the attitude era (1997-2001)

Nowadays its stale and its so predictable...

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    It's not a sport whatsoever. The action is mostly choreographed, the outcomes are rigged, and no competition is involved.

I use to watch it faithfully back in the 80's and went to many matches. I do see how it is highly entertaining to many people.
    I used to watch it also, back in the very early 90's. It has a certain attractiveness when you're younger (and even not so young ) but wears out with time. After a short while it looses the appeal. No competition, no uncertainty, just another tv show. It definitely is not a sport.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Still, despite it's "non-sport" status, it is my favourite American sport. By a long mile. Go figure.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I have no interest in watching wwe for reasons already mentioned above but the wwe reality show "tough enough" about amateur wrestlers trying to get in the industry did intrigue me a lot. Too bad they didn't continue on for a few more seasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast