Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Unholy Alliance Tour (Slayer, Lamb of God, etc.)

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Cool

So, who's all going? Picked up my tix yesterday, cost me a lot (floor tix) and no didnt' buy from ticketmaster cuz they (floor tix) were sold out within 10 min of going on sale (they only had crappy seat tix avail). Can't wait man, I mean, it's Slayer...and then BAM Lamb of God as well

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    So So Sick
    I went... it wasn't all that great. Slayer only played old stuff nothing off of the last off of Diablos, one song off God Hates Us All and one song off the new album.

3. Music   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofcake
    I went... it wasn't all that great. Slayer only played old stuff nothing off of the last off of Diablos, one song off God Hates Us All and one song off the new album.
    Damn, that kinda sounds gay lol, hopefully LoG will play some good oldies.

4. Music   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    all their best ones are old though. i wish more bands would stick to their classics.

5. Music   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    all their best ones are old though. i wish more bands would stick to their classics.
    Yup, although I'm not all for the "stick to the formula that works", I mean yes it will result in some kickass music, but you need to experiment and if you know what you're doing then the end result can be pretty fuckin spectacular.

But hey, that experimentation route is only when the "formula that works" route stops working.

6. Music   -   #6
    i didn't really mean for releasing new stuff, just at concerts. like when i went to taste of chaos atreyu only played 2 songs from 'suicide notes...." and thrice played only a few older songs as well. i was mildly saddened.

7. Music   -   #7
    HOLY FUCK boys!!!111!one!1

The show was just simply amazing, the only "crappy" band (all shows have a crappy band) was Thine Eyes Bleed but they were still better than most bands out these days.

Children of Bodom was fucking amazing! Jesus christ, I've seen them before, but this time around there was so much energy on stage, it sounded so good, everything was spot on and the energy was just too much, mosh pits were pretty good.

Mastadon came on next, got the crowd real hyped up, they put on a damn good show (first time seeing Mastadon) but def. worth the money, they know how to rock for sure.

Lamb of God went on next, and sweet jesus, they kicked major ass. First time seeing LoG and every moment of it was an ever increasing orgasm (to say the least). They started it off by playing this pre-recorded thing, it had some guy praying in Arabic (barely audible mind you, can't even hear it at all), and then you hear a plane and a big explosion (they took the soundbite right out of Fahrenheit 9/11) and then another plane and another explosion, and then you hear the 4 cymbals crash as Mr. Adler brings the fucking show to the crowd. It was intense, the moshpits were bigger than Slayer..ya you heard me, bigger than Slayer's. The vocals live sound a million times better, quiet the experience. They did a new song off of Sacrament called "Redneck", it was funny but just pure raw metal man, awesome awesome stuff.

Then of course, Slayer came on, and everyone just went nuts, there weren't as many moshpits (big ones anyway) but that doesnt matter, cuz everyone was in on it, seats, floor, doesnt matter, everyone was going fucking crazy. My friend got pucnched in the nose, he bled so much blood he passed out, blood was all over the place, people were just losign their minds. Slayer has proved once again that they are the kings of metal, just insane. They did a new song off their next album, called "Jihad", very political.

And to top it off, the hottest chicks I've ever seen in my life (models pretty much) were at teh show wearing the skimpiest outfits, so god damn sexy and they were moshign too just crazy man.

Worth the money I paid, and if you guys can catch the tour I highly recommend you do, you're neck will hurt like a bitch guaranteed.

8. Music   -   #8
    Ooo forgot to add to last post, the way that Slayer took the stage was pretty fucking nice.

At first the crowd was obviously chanting "Slayer" over and over, then the lights went off, and about 10-12 white crosses (made with light, projected onto the back of the stage) appeared, and everyone went nuts, then Slayer, one member by one, came onto the stage, as they were doing this, there was somet weird creepy tune going on in the background, getting louder and louder, all the while those 10-12 crosses (christian symbol) started to spin (slowly) and began to invert themselves.

When the crosses finally stopped spinning (it did a 180 degrees) and was upside down, the "creepy tune" stopped, 2 seconds went by all you could hear were 4 loud "ticks" (drumsticks hitting themselves) and all mayhem broke out as they went into "Raining Blood".

It was the way they made their apperance that did it for me, it was so otherworldly, it was fucking awesome.

9. Music   -   #9
    glad you had a good time. thine eyes bleed is a pretty good band from the shit i've heard.

the atmosphere at concerts is soooo phucking sweet isn't it?

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    glad you had a good time. thine eyes bleed is a pretty good band from the shit i've heard.

the atmosphere at concerts is soooo phucking sweet isn't it?
    The atmosphere is obviously unbeatable compared to other things in life, but this concert was above all the other concerts I've been to so far, lets see what can top it in the coming future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast