Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brown and Bush...

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Ty.

I like hearing from the soldiers behind closed doors. It does me amaze that people think a soldier telling a reporter something that is somewhat pro-Iraq war that it's how that soldiers really feels.

I'm against the Iraq war and I think that's how he should talk.
    They should put out the company line.

Get him behind closed doors or around the right people and it's different story. Every single soldier I've talked to besides one I saw from school from hates the reasons they are there and say it's FUBAR.

They don't believe it's a just war.

But as in anything you give me 5 who are againts it and I'll show you 5 who are for it.

Some depends,I suppose, on which side of the aisle their views are.

I'd guess alot of the men and women are from military families.

I've never been completely sure why we are in Iraq to begin with.

Oil? Hussein? Al Qaeda? Imperialism? It's whatever you want to believe.

I try not to argue about it because it's damn near pointless.

Sure Bush made "mistakes" and Rummy made "mistakes". History will judge them.

We are all tired and disgusted with the death toll.

If tomorrow I woke up and heard the news saying we were pulling out I would feel SUCH relief. And then reality would set in and we would have to find the fight somewhere else.

We will all be taking dirt naps before it ends.....maybe.
    That's my point.

A soldier will spout off the company line because it is his job. If he is from a military family (I know 2) they will spout it off to them too.

Around his friends it will probably be another story. The 2 that I know that are from military families tell their family the same stuff you hear on TV from soldiers "We are there to complete our task" and such and such.

Around me, they tell me that this war is a wasted effort and they shouldn't be there.

Now the guy I saw from school (elementary) told me the "We are there to complete our task" bit. He is also not in infantry and heard that a guy he was in training with way back was killed.

I think the folks that are making the war a political issue are Republicans and Democrats that voted for the war. I actually had no problem with John Kerry back then since he changed his mind.

We are actually getting are asses kicked because we are nation building.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

But as in anything you give me 5 who are againts it and I'll show you 5 who are for it.

Some depends,I suppose, on which side of the aisle their views are.

I'd guess alot of the men and women are from military families.

I've never been completely sure why we are in Iraq to begin with.

Oil? Hussein? Al Qaeda? Imperialism? It's whatever you want to believe.

I try not to argue about it because it's damn near pointless.

Sure Bush made "mistakes" and Rummy made "mistakes". History will judge them.

We are all tired and disgusted with the death toll.

If tomorrow I woke up and heard the news saying we were pulling out I would feel SUCH relief. And then reality would set in and we would have to find the fight somewhere else.

We will all be taking dirt naps before it ends.....maybe.
    That's my point.

A soldier will spout off the company line because it is his job. If he is from a military family (I know 2) they will spout it off to them too.

Around his friends it will probably be another story. The 2 that I know that are from military families tell their family the same stuff you hear on TV from soldiers "We are there to complete our task" and such and such.

Around me, they tell me that this war is a wasted effort and they shouldn't be there.

Now the guy I saw from school (elementary) told me the "We are there to complete our task" bit. He is also not in infantry and heard that a guy he was in training with way back was killed.

I think the folks that are making the war a political issue are Republicans and Democrats that voted for the war. I actually had no problem with John Kerry back then since he changed his mind.

It's a matter of Honor, don't you think? That and a code of military ethics.
    I don't know of too many people who say what they really feel about any given situation.
    As far as it being political it's un-avoidable. After all politics is largely about compromise.
    The last time we were unable to compromise 650,000+ Americans died.
    I'd like to see more compromise and less partisan thought.
    It's a very dangerous thing to box yourself into only being able to think left or right.
    Bush can only act if Congress gives him the dollars. Nobody ever mentions that. They only want to say Bush this,Bush that.
    Things would be largely different IMO if we weren't into the Celebrity Ball that the run for the White House has become.
    Before long we can probably blame Barry Bonds for some of it...
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

That's my point.

It's a matter of Honor, don't you think? That and a code of military ethics.
    I don't know of too many people who say what they really feel about any given situation.
    As far as it being political it's un-avoidable. After all politics is largely about compromise.
    The last time we were unable to compromise 650,000+ Americans died.
    I'd like to see more compromise and less partisan thought.
    It's a very dangerous thing to box yourself into only being able to think left or right.
    Bush can only act if Congress gives him the dollars. Nobody ever mentions that. They only want to say Bush this,Bush that.
    Things would be largely different IMO if we weren't into the Celebrity Ball that the run for the White House has become.
    Before long we can probably blame Barry Bonds for some of it...
    I agree about the military which is why I don't believe a soldier should speak out against our military to reporters or on camera.

Ironically this war has made many of them do that.

I say that people are politicking when they were for the war but because the public was showing signs of being against it they act as if they are against it. Now I know a congressman should in many cases sway to their constituency but it's still weird seeing Repub go the other way.

Add to that, we are coming up on having a new POTUS and you'll seeing many Repubs bash Bush when previously sucked his nuts.

Another knock that people put on John Kerry for politicking purposes was that he voted for the war but against funding it.

He obviously changed his mind. People will blame Bush because he is the President and spearheaded selling the war to Congress. The President can't have it both ways. He gets praise for bringing the economy back by cutting taxes (which we know is bullshit).

On a different note, I can't wait 'till we have another POTUS. The G. Bush were a total waste and although I'd rather see a Dem or an Independent in office, a different Repub would be welcome over the inept crap we've had for the past 7 years.

I can complain cuz I voted and it wasn't for him.

I am also glad to see we are finally helping some of the Iraqi soldiers that gave up everything to help us over there. For awhile we turned our backs on them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123