Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindows Rocks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Nice video! B)

And yes Lindows does rock. Have you ever tried to install it? Well If you did you would see that the whole OS get installed in about 3 minutes! Now that's quick!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    how much does lindows use of linux? i here red hat is the best copy of linux, but i couldnt sacrafice the gui of xp...would a move from xp to lindows be crazy? i might do a small partition to try it out

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Still looks like KDE to me and software is gonna be a problem till (if) it gets going again.

Does it still go through all the linux crap about "mount the CD" -- "you do not have sufficient rights to mount the CD" (root doesn't have sufficient rights???) --
    why couldn't it just have a play button like everything else in the world? mount is something animals do when they're.... well, that thing animals do.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    does lindows support alot of software that runs on windows? Gonna try it out with Virtual PC. hehe 1 click installation.. i gatta see datz. How do u configure the software before it&#39;s installed&#33;?? u do it afterwards? < still take timeZ&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Grrrr at Lindows&#33;&#33; I just installed it in VPC 5.2 and there&#39;s no sound so every time I try to find a driver it takes me to a click and run page for hewlet packard print drivers. The Games are crap and again, it takes me to click and run and want&#39;s money. I registered for the free stuff and it says I don&#39;t exist when I log back in.
    Now it says I have no sound devices installed. I can&#39;t figure out if I should install generic SB 16 drivers or the host AC/97 drivers.
    And this stupid CD mount thing is still a pain&#33; My System driver disk won&#39;t run but I know for a fact it has linux drivers on it.
    ARRRGGGGGG&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Mandrake still beats the hell out of this thing.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster

Because there complete idiots&#33;
    Linux/Lindows or whatever tries to go so far out of the way not to be like Windows that even very very simple things are difficult.
    That&#39;s Linux/Lindows in a nutshell.

Mount...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Lindows is for newbies.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Lindows sucks ass. And any pillar in the opensource community will tell you that lindows is not even considered a valid linux distribution.

Lindows software users can go to hell....................better yet, go back to windows...............l

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast