Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Installing My New Gfx Card, Help

  1. #1
    Ok guys n gals heres the deal

    Following on from my other thread "Best Tv-out Card To Purchase?" i have just
    bought and today recieved a Radeon all-in-wonder ve(PCI)

    Now, being a bit stupid n all im not too sure if i have the correct cables to hookit up to my Tv etc

    Heres a very non tech description of what i gotin the box:

    1x 'purple' Ati cable

    1x 'other'> it has 1 yellow female connector, 1 headphone type connector, all others are female connectors!

    Sorry for the cr@p descriptons.

    Now i want to hook it up to my Tv which doesnt have a s-vhs socket.
    It has 1 scart socket, and 3 front input sockets (yellow/white/headphone)

    So what cable/s do i need to sort this out ( a S-video to SCART adaptor perhaps?)

    Oh btw ive not even started to physically install it yet

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    yellow- s-out to yellow on TV and headphone audio out to TV
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Bump

    Right guys whos in a helpful mood

    Ive installed it to my pc now but and i rebooted etc, checked Device manager
    to see if it was listed, and it was BUT my onboard gfx card is still
    listed aswell beneath it

    So i think i have a small problem here.

    What i would like to know is how do i get to use my new all-in-wonder card and NOT the crappy onboard card ( which i think its still using)

    Pleaseeeeee help us get it working>

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ex-member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,529
    Go into your BIOS and search for an option to disable the onboard video.

    To enter BIOS, reboot your PC and hit F1 (or Del or whatever) when it tells you "press <this key> to enter setup".

    And plug in the monitor cable to the video card

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Lamsey@28 June 2003 - 10:32
    Go into your BIOS and search for an option to disable the onboard video.

    To enter BIOS, reboot your PC and hit F1 (or Del or whatever) when it tells you "press <this key> to enter setup".

    And plug in the monitor cable to the video card
    Ok done all that ( and plugged my monitor cable in )

    I disabled the onboard card rebooted and windows comes up and says found new hardware and INSTALLS it again&#33; WTF

    Another thing, ive now managed to get my desktop (no icons tho) onto my tv but i dont have any other Radeon all in wonder features like capture/ tv on pc etc working.

    It does say this in device manager tho:

    ATI WDM Rage Theater Video(microsoft)---&#62;"This device cannot start (code10)"

    Also the same for ATI WDM Rage Audio(microsoft)

    Dont know if that helps at all&#33;

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    there&#39;s an additional set of drivers for capturing.

    you should install all three of the drivers from this page--
    http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html

    as well as "DAO/MDAC Component Package" and "ATI Multimedia Center 8.5.0.0 bundle" from this page--
    http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html

    the control panel driver is essential for fine-tuning the display on both your monitor and television (and setting the television as "secondary display" & enabling theater mode ((it&#39;ll be the "clone mode" button under the "overlays" tab)), which is the most convenient arrangement for viewing movie files on the tv). the multimedia center programs will be mostly crap and you&#39;ll prolly not want to use them, but you should install that anyway as i believe it installs some components necessary for capturing.

    once that&#39;s all working, i&#39;d recommend getting hold of either a program called WinDVR or another called PowerVCR to view and capture television.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@28 June 2003 - 12:47
    there&#39;s an additional set of drivers for capturing.

    you should install all three of the drivers from this page--
    http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html

    as well as "DAO/MDAC Component Package" and "ATI Multimedia Center 8.5.0.0 bundle" from this page--
    http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html

    the control panel driver is essential for fine-tuning the display on both your monitor and television (and setting the television as "secondary display" & enabling theater mode, which is the most convenient arrangement for viewing movie files on the tv).&nbsp; the multimedia center programs will be mostly crap and you&#39;ll prolly not want to use them, but you should install that anyway as i believe it installs some components necessary for capturing.

    once that&#39;s all working, i&#39;d recommend getting hold of either a program called WinDVR or another called PowerVCR to view and capture television.
    Thanks 3RA1N1AC very helpful that is

    Having a look now

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ok i d/loaded all the files but i cant do nowt

    No tv tuner, no capture no nothing&#33;&#33;

    The only thing that this cards giving me at the mo is a big headache and tv-out&#33;

    ATI Multimedia Center wont open anything when i click on Tv/Video cd etc

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    The guy that doesnt post
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    23
    are you running winXP? then you gotta d/l the XP version of the multimedia center. search on ati&#39;s page to find it. it should be aroung 8 megs

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Rudeshadow@28 June 2003 - 19:16
    are you running winXP? then you gotta d/l the XP version of the multimedia center. search on ati&#39;s page to find it. it should be aroung 8 megs
    Yeah i am, isnt the link 3RA1N1AC gave me for xp?

    Didnt notice tbh just d/loaded it anyway

    Going out on the town so i&#39;ll try it later when im sober...yeah right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •