Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Find Codecs?

What is the best one going and where do you get it.

i have downloaded the lastest klite 203 one off of the klite download board, but it doesn't play all my moives.

What one plays everything? I guess there probably isn't one that is perfect. But I clearly need something other than what I have right now.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I can't remember the links off the top of my head, but go to my site (link below) and go to downloads. There are links to DivX and Xvid codecs. Those are the two big ones. Not sure what others there are. Were you looking for one other than that?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Why not get the Kazaalite codec pak from www.k-lite.tk ? Go there and it shoudl take out a lot of trouble for you.. Try the nimo codec pack too, it's decent.. it's about 8mb and has most of the stuff you'll need.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    The kazaa lite codec pack should have everything you need, don't install the nemo one at the same time. It can cause problems in some cases.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I downloaded that codec pack from K-lite and when I open a file in VirtualDub, it gave me a warning about how the codec was an illegal crack or something like that (I forget the wording). So I got it direct from DivX and haven't had that pop up again.

Has anyone else seen that warning?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Illegal schmeigle.. if they wanted to, they would've really protected their codecs, but instead, they seem to sit back and do nothing.. besides, the illegal ones or the open-source ones are the ones that are like, the best types. Take for example, XviD.. XviD rules, and it's free.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Just wanted to add this: If you need to find out what codecs you need download Gspot. Then use it with the file that doesn't work it will analyze it and tell you what codecs the file needs and whether or not you have them installed.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by gbfan@20 June 2003 - 19:01
    If you need to find out what codecs you need download Gspot.
    Yes, Gspot owns. B)

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by HangoverMS@20 June 2003 - 17:07
    I downloaded that codec pack from K-lite and when I open a file in VirtualDub, it gave me a warning about how the codec was an illegal crack or something like that (I forget the wording). So I got it direct from DivX and haven't had that pop up again.

Has anyone else seen that warning?
    Yes i Have seen that warning, any are right Vdub will not let you do anything with it and neither will TMPGEnc, I do not know how to tell ya to fix it (if anyone else know please tell) but i have seen that issue. I do not have any right now or I would add what codec it is. If you have the Klite package then you should be fine but will still have problems with those "illegal" codecs. K-lite pack is the best out there.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Where can I find Gspot?

A list of all the codecs I have:

MP3 (have lame)
    WMA 7/8/9 decoder/player (came with WMP)
    WMV 7/8/9 decoder/player (came with WMP)
    ASF decoder

What I'm looking for:

OGG encoder/decoder
    Real, MOV decoders (i'll get QT/RM alternatives)
    MPEG1 and VCD encoders/decoders
    MPEG2 and SVCD encoders/decoders
    DivX or better yet Xvid encoder/decoder
    MPEG4 (1 2 or 3?) encoder/decoder
    AVI encoder/decoder!

I'd truely like to have all the videos that are on my PC already, and put them all into one same format (the best to play on my Apex DVD player) and have them ready to burn. But what format and how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast