Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone with road runner?

Racket's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    What's the difference in connections as long as you're maxing out?

I use 3 connections with RR and max out.
    ISP's can cap the bandwidth per connection for newsgroups. I know my did so I had to go for a premium news service.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I'm in NC, and I'd like to know how to get newsgroups set up with RR.. Never got into it, and I really don't have any idea what it is
    No Whining

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPig View Post
    I'm in NC, and I'd like to know how to get newsgroups set up with RR.. Never got into it, and I really don't have any idea what it is
    Add me on MSN and I can walk you through the basics.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Ok, what's your MSN?

Btw, is this service free?
    No Whining

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPig View Post
    Ok, what's your MSN?

Btw, is this service free?
    MSN link is next to my flag.

Yes, it's free.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Coolio

Gratzi
    No Whining

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I can't get 20 connections right off the bat. When I press connect in alt binz, I will get 8-10 connections. The rest will just say "400 roadrunner.com: Your host connection limit reached - [email protected]" under description. Then alt binz will just run down the timer to reconnect. After a minute or so I will have 20 working connections. I haven't been able to get any higher than 20.

What service level are you guys getting from RR? I'm paying for the top residential service available to me... maybe that has something to do with it?

@darkrival
    I haven't installed any new software or hardware to my computer since March. uTorrent was working perfectly fine then. The seeding problems just started in late June. I was reading about how RR was going to be throttling their connections in July on Broadband Reports and thought it was related. But this is beyond normal throttling since only my uploading is affected.

I'm gonna install Azureus tonight and test it out. And maybe I'll update my uTorrent. I'm still using 1.6.1 because a few sites I use banned 1.7.2.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Also, anyone with RoadRunner should check out their "Turbo" service in your area.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    It's called "Extreme" (which I have) in my area and that's the absolute fastest tier that can be had at the present moment. Clearly every market is different.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlon64 View Post
    It's called "Extreme" (which I have) in my area and that's the absolute fastest tier that can be had at the present moment. Clearly every market is different.
    I checked it out in my area this morning. For an additional $9.95/month I could upgrade to a 10Mbps/1Mbps connection.

Once on the phone though, I discovered that it was a special they were offering customers who also had digital phone service (which I don't). I still could have gotten the connection, but it would cost me $89/month.

yo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast