Thread: Triton usenet Server

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Anyone use. http://www.triton.net/keyword/newsgroups

The $79.99 yearly plan is very enticing

Edit: Signed up for 1 month($1 first month) and am very pleased Downloaded 40gb so far all at full speed(only have 5meg line). Was told retention is 90 days however i have old tested with a 58 day old file which completed fine
    Last edited by haydeno; 08-10-2007 at 08:50 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    These 3 services appear to be tiny NSPs that run their own back-end server - and therefore probably offer extremely short binary retention.

Not surprisingly, none mention how many days binary retention they have. I'd estimate less than a week retention, maybe as little as 1 or 2 days on the big dump groups.

Not worth considering.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Why don't you contact them http://www.triton.net/keyword/contact
    and just ask them the retention on their binary groups. Ask them if they could email you a list of the groups they carry along with respective retention. Triton says their first month is only $1 so try them if you are interested and truly test out their network.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    i signed up and am VERY happy, I think ill go with the 1 year membership! Maxes My connection(5mbit) and i tried nzbs that were 1,20,50,60 days old and they all downloaded completly!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    88 day old nzbs downloading for me!
    Last edited by haydeno; 08-13-2007 at 10:23 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    $1 a month is dam cheap for unlimited. I've signed up, and so far everything has been pretty good. Completed a 85day old 1.4GB file without any problems.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Very nice find, thanks.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Just FYi only $1 for first month then its $8\ $80 year(what intrested me) so far i transfered 400 gb. My only complaint is it occasionally has downtime(maybe 1 hour a week) but i often set 100gb to download and it will stop until i tell it to reconnect. I have been a Bitorrent user but at $6.66 month on yearly its not worth the hassle