Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Hatton v Mayweather

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Yes... But Hatton got all my respects now that he's beaten a great fighter like Castillo.

Yeah, all the titles he won and the fact that he's undefeated meant nowt until he beat castillo, like.
    No one really saw him over here and he didn't fight boxers we knew so yeah it meant nowt.

I mean before Kostya, he probably fought in America 4 or 5 times with all the rest in the UK.

There's another fighter, Winky Wright, that no one really paid attention to until kinda recently. He fought many of his fight overseas as well. Unlike Ricky though, he fought in many different countries.

Over here is where the money is. I think Winky couldn't get fights over here so he fought elsewhere.

I like that Ricky is yet another great fighter thrown into mix for my entertainment. I think the UKans look at it as some hometown boy and I think it's great that you have someone to cheer for in the boxing arena.

For many Americans, we cheer for whoever's good and just wanna see good fights. Probably if our country was smaller and hadn't really had any good boxers from here, I wonder if I'd feel like you guys. I don't really identify.

I think Ricky will beat Mayweather. Mayweather does too much rope-a-dope and don't think Ricky will stand for it.

Ricky has way too much energy for Mayweather.

On the flipside, Ricky had noticeable trouble with Collazo and Mayweather is a much better fighter than Collazo.

Mayweather bored me to tears in the De La Hoya fight. It helped that watched that fight in Mehico, for really.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Mayweather's last great fights was 2 years ago when he beat Gatti on 6/05, then Mitchell on 11/05 - both by TKO... After those fights, he's not the same fighter anymore... So I'm gonna have to give him a good luck with Hatton.

Off topic... Did any of you happen to see the Donaire vs. Darchinyan fight a couple of weeks ago?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=48IDY61whtY

Great fight and nice KO.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I think the UKans look at it as some hometown boy and I think it's great that you have someone to cheer for in the boxing arena.
    It's fab, if only we had Calzaghe, Macaranelli (sp), Khan, Arthur ... as well we'd be really happy. You probly haven't heard of them either tho'.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Mayweather's last great fights was 2 years ago when he beat Gatti on 6/05, then Mitchell on 11/05 - both by TKO... After those fights, he's not the same fighter anymore...
    So what makes you think he's going to win. Hatton is a superb fighter, pretty much in his prime.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Indeed. In fact Tyson would of been looked on more kindly -
    by history, if he would of faced stiffer competition.

Man, those Hagler Hearns fights were awesome.

-bd
    Haglar only fought Hearns once.

Tyson would be looked on more kindly by history if he didn't falter so badly at the end. He demolished some pretty good boxers.

He was just much better than them. You should see his older fights. He was fucking brilliant.
    I thought they had fought twice. (I even googled it...I was so sure) Oh well.

Anyhoo, I've watched every one of Tyson's fights...numerous times. He was a beast.

Yes, he fought some decent fighters. However he also fought alot of stiffs.

Larry Holmes was another beast. His left hook was deadly.

-bd

6. Lounge   -   #46
    birney29's Avatar proud salfordian :D BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think it will be a mistake on mayweathers behalf because ppl have so much respect for him and hatton will beat him hatton actually trains in a gym round the corner from me like khan but use might not no khan he is also a great fighter nearly got knocked out in his last fight but come out the next round like a psycho and won the fight i agree with the tyson comment he was a beast he never had his mind straight though bit loopy.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    I think the UKans look at it as some hometown boy and I think it's great that you have someone to cheer for in the boxing arena.
    It's fab, if only we had Calzaghe, Macaranelli (sp), Khan, Arthur ... as well we'd be really happy. You probly haven't heard of them either tho'.
    Calzaghe yes but I hadn't heard of him 'till Jeff Lacy.

The others? Neva hoid uv 'em.

I wouldn't be surprised if every one of them fought their entire careers in the UK. Hell I wouldn't be surpised if Calzaghe did too.

This would be more surprising if those fighters have great records but then again, maybe not.

I know Hatton has had a handful of fights outside of the hometown.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-02-2007 at 02:43 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post

Haglar only fought Hearns once.

Tyson would be looked on more kindly by history if he didn't falter so badly at the end. He demolished some pretty good boxers.

He was just much better than them. You should see his older fights. He was fucking brilliant.
    I thought they had fought twice. (I even googled it...I was so sure) Oh well.

Anyhoo, I've watched every one of Tyson's fights...numerous times. He was a beast.

Yes, he fought some decent fighters. However he also fought alot of stiffs.

Larry Holmes was another beast. His left hook was deadly.

-bd
    I thought you said you remembered all of their fights.(Haglar/Hearns).

I only remember (from tape) that 3 round thriller.

Do you have all of Tyson's fights? I would love to get them. I don't know anyone who has seen all of them. Is there a DVD somewhere?

Tyson, like many other great fighters, fought many stiffs.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Haglar/Hearns

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYclaefqPQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsMgR0bg4Q8[/youtube]
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-02-2007 at 03:22 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    In all fairness. Tyson was a great defender, had excellent hand speed, timing -
    and power.

Men in his day were terrified of his power. His body shots were sick!

However, he was also fucking mental, a rapist, and a generally greedy
    ungracious twit.

-bd

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast