Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    U.S= small brain

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    U.S= small brain
    Alien5 = bitch

3. Lounge   -   #63
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Brazil = Big @$$e$

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas View Post

They do have great records and what's the difference if they have all of their fights in the UK. It's who they beat which is the important issue.
    Right but I hear all this stuff about respect and whatnot yet until recently they hadn't fought anyone of note
    By that I'm assuming you mean anyone you know. Boxing does take place outside of the US, good quality boxing. We are more familiar with it than you because it's not shown very much over there. In all honesty unless someone subscribes to Sky or cable they will see very little US boxing in the UK so loads of people in the UK and Europe are unfamiliar with your chaps as well.

The same goes for South Americans, we don't see as much of it as you we do of British Boxing.

I bet you didn't hear of Naseem Hamed until he started fighting Americans.

The bottom line is that guys like Hatton don't just get to be good boxers and come to the US, how do you think they became good in the first place. Not by fighting rubbish, by gradually moving up in class. The same way as your top men.

Same with Calzaghe and anyone else, including Americans who get to the top. Except Ray Leonard, but he was the Golden Boy Olympian.

Like Amer Khan, who unfortunately only got silver, tho' to be fair he was about 7 at the time.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Right but I hear all this stuff about respect and whatnot yet until recently they hadn't fought anyone of note
    By that I'm assuming you mean anyone you know. Boxing does take place outside of the US, good quality boxing. We are more familiar with it than you because it's not shown very much over there. In all honesty unless someone subscribes to Sky or cable they will see very little US boxing in the UK so loads of people in the UK and Europe are unfamiliar with your chaps as well.

The same goes for South Americans, we don't see as much of it as you we do of British Boxing.

I bet you didn't hear of Naseem Hamed until he started fighting Americans.

The bottom line is that guys like Hatton don't just get to be good boxers and come to the US, how do you think they became good in the first place. Not by fighting rubbish, by gradually moving up in class. The same way as your top men.

Same with Calzaghe and anyone else, including Americans who get to the top. Except Ray Leonard, but he was the Golden Boy Olympian.

Like Amer Khan, who unfortunately only got silver, tho' to be fair he was about 7 at the time.
    Dude, you just said what I did but nitpicked the piece of quote you wanted.

I'd add that because we have the bigger market that we attract the best boxers over here. This is not foreign to any sport.

Soccer is a gulag over here but better overseas.

Basketball is better here than overseas.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I think you missed his point of where the boxer fights is irrelevant to how good a fighter he is.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Look up Amir Khan btw, if he keeps going the way he is then he'll probably be known in 'merka within a couple of years.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    I think you missed his point of where the boxer fights is irrelevant to how good a fighter he is.
    Post 58
    Second sentence

Post 41
    First sentence

Read for yerself, bandwagon boy.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    They do tend to fight mostly in the UK, yeah, I still don't see how that's relevant to their ability tho', point avoidance boy.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    They do tend to fight mostly in the UK, yeah, I still don't see how that's relevant to their ability tho', point avoidance boy.
    No Reading Comprehension Boy, read it again.

The point was made ages ago.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast