Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iraqi oil to Israel

Poster BT Rep: +3
    yes u'r right, what can we do then? keep protecting ourselfs from these maniacs fanatics
    we have 1 country, arabic world has more then 20... so we protect what we have, even that we did returen back most of the land we took in wars

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Well for a start both sides have to stop the killing (yes I said both sides), then the outside world should take a neutral stance with both sides, not take sides.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    The usa is pumping arms deals with the KSA to try to "stabilize" the region. Instead of stabilizing the region by starting an arms race the US should try to rethink their policy in the Arab Peninsula or Persian Gulf.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    From purely a foreign relations (mid east/western) perspective is this a good idea or will it serve to provoke more bad relations?

U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan
    By Amiram Cohen

The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.
    source
    Fuck yeah!1!½ This is how you piss people off properly. I almost wonder if whoever dreamt it up was giggling while he did it, like.

I don't get how they can start giving away iraqi oil at all, though

Won't they be stealing from the iraqi people if they do this? I thought they were meant to be liberating Iraq, not what resources Iraq has left.

Sending it off to Israel is a stroke of genious, though. In case anyone still thought their intentions were pure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123